JTAG alternative nand points?

ClutchPlayer

Jul 9, 2011
i am trying to jtag my xbox and i messed up some points... i am using nand x also.. so the point where the red wire go's is compleley f'ed.. the copper in the ring is gone and there no solder there.. and as for the others im not sure wether they are good or not..

if theres any alternative points for any or all of the nand reading / dump points please tell me where.

pics are appreciated

Thanks

Jun 4, 2010
Here you go. The red wire needs to be soldered directly to a trace on the top of the board.

ClutchPlayer

Jul 9, 2011
how would i solder the red wire directly to a trace? all the traces are all so close together i would most definantly get solder on the other traces... if thats even what you mean... and if so do you hae any vid or pic tut on how to solder a wire on a trace so i can get an idea? Thanks

Jun 4, 2010
Yes you need to solder on those tiny traces, if you even have to ask how it is done then I suggest you don't attempt it.

syst3merror

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Indiana
I really suggest hanging it up and giving it to someone else to do for you....if you screwed up the normal solder point, the trace is going to turn out to be a nightmare for you! If you aren't careful, you'll end up ruining a perfectly good jtag!

syst3merror

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Indiana
well for soldering traces, you basically just pick a spot on the trace, take a knife or something and scrape away the paint revealing the copper trace, and carefully tin and solder to the trace. Remember tho, scrape to hard, you will destroy the copper underneath! Also, traces are extremely small/narrow and harder to solder to then the original pads you messed up the first time.

Best of luck!

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
If you can't solder to the through-holes on the board, forget about soldering to traces.

Why do people choose to test their soldering skills on their beloved JTAG console and not old PCBs? Soldering is NOT hard, but you need to have the right technique!!!

ClutchPlayer

Jul 9, 2011
i just bought another jtag able and will give it another try, i know what to do now so i wont mess up.. befor i didnt even know what to do and was soldering alll wrong... this time ill do it right