Andoid 8.1 for Switch with Nvidia Tegra game support

Benny_26

Dec 2, 2006
Can someone please look at the how-to guide in the link I proved and create a guide based on SX OS instead of Heakte? [I have no idea what it is and only worked with SX OS and im sure many people visiting this forum too]

The best part here is that its not permanent and will make an SD card into Android Tegra based, they even have screenshots of Tomb Raider running.

Here I copy pasted the guide, ill appreciate if anyone can edit it for SC OS use if possible.

1. Pick the image that corresponds to the size of your SD card. You can use an image that is smaller than your card. You’ll end up with the remaining space unused on your card.
    [*]Write the image to your SD card with e.g. balenaEtcher Do not extract the image, Etcher can handle the compressed image just fine! WARNING: This will overwrite any contents on your card! The progress bar/percentage might go haywire in Etcher, but you can ignore that. The flashing will still work and Etcher will let you know when it’s done. It can take up to an hour depending on your SD card’s speed. Also make sure not to format any of the partitions when Windows prompts you to after flashing.
    [*]Download GApps for Android 8.1. from OpenGApps, use ARM64. Put the file on the first partition of your new SD card
    [*]If desired download the "Shield-ifier" zip and place it also on the SD card. This will make your Switch identify as Nvidia Shield TV and install the Nvidia app.
    [*]Load hekate and boot to TWRP by holding VOL+ when you select the Android config.
    [*]Make sure to mount /system first in TWRP. Flash GApps zip, optionally flash other zips. Also after installing GApps wipe cache/dalvik as offered by TWRP. Video that shows how to access and flash zips in TWRP:
    [*]Reboot to hekate and boot into Android
    [*]Complete the inital setup. For the Nvidia app to work make sure to update it from Play Store!

Lemmÿwinks

Noob Account
Jul 30, 2019
United States
1) after you burn the img file to the sd, just drop a copy of your sx license, sx boot.dat and the hekate.bin files onto the sd card.
2) boot into the sx os menu and choose options>payloads>hekate.bin>load
3)follow the instructions in the post

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
VIP status for anyone who wants to create a full guide for getting this to work while using sx os. Should be a pretty easy guide. Please include detailed photos.

Funtimez

VIP Member
Dec 26, 2018
I can do this and give instructions on how to expand the switch partition since I just did this yesterday. Only thing is that the switch partition will have to be Fat32, there is so far no way to make it exfat. Would I be able to provide links to XDA? If so I would have to give credit to the devs there that posted the instructions.

Also, is there a benefit of VIP status?

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
Fewer ads, ability to edit your posts, and access to VIP area of the forums. If you are a member on discord let a mod know and get discord access to VIP chat there too.

These privileges have changed a bit over time but I think that is a mostly accurate list.

Funtimez

VIP Member
Dec 26, 2018
Fewer ads, ability to edit your posts, and access to VIP area of the forums. If you are a member on discord let a mod know and get discord access to VIP chat there too.

These privileges have changed a bit over time but I think that is a mostly accurate list.
ok I will get started on this today, im at work at the moment so it should be done by tomorrow.

update- I don't have much to do at work today so it should be done in a couple hours at the most. what section of the Xecuter SX Family Product Support would you like for me to post it? also, I connected my discord.

Update - Ok I have finished writing up the guide, I will place it in the SX Family News & General Discussion section. A mod can move it to wherever they would like or make a new section dedicated for android on switch for SX PRO users.

Last edited:
Reactions: Game_Over

Funtimez

VIP Member
Dec 26, 2018
yes, loading guide in a min

Update - guide has been posted

Last edited: