Another Demon sneak peek

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
14 and 15 tiny solder points. Hope there will be alt points ... others might need them.
To be fair, anybody without the confidence and skills with a soldering iron shouldn't even be entertaining this.

Although I see the validity of your vision too, I'm looking forward to the influx of "damaged DemoN and/or console motherboards" threads ... NOT lol :D!

L

LoneWolf913

Great job on everything so far, I expect that at this stage in development you're around 4-6 weeks left until products hit the shelves at most, assuming production has began. Otherwise, we're still looking at a good two-three months I'd bet.
- Gadorach
XConsoles and VGC are quoting June 20th as a ship date. While that is, of course, tentative at best, I'd say it's safe to assume these things are already in production and nearly ready to roll.

14 and 15 tiny solder points. Hope there will be alt points ... others might need them.
Doubt there are going to be alts for those cause they're the only test points brought out for the nand, at least on phats. Don't know about Slims.

WalangAlam

VIP Member
May 27, 2010
Silver Sun City, Asia
To be fair, anybody without the confidence and skills with a soldering iron shouldn't even be entertaining this.

Although I see the validity of your vision too, I'm looking forward to the influx of "damaged DemoN and/or console motherboards" threads ... NOT lol :D!
Yup there will be influx again of damage console motherboards. I hope those who don't have good enough soldering skills will think twice but some of them won't.

L

LoneWolf913

Yup there will be influx again of damage console motherboards. I hope those who don't have good enough soldering skills will think twice but some of them won't.
That's asking for people to have common sense... I'm sure we're gonna see plenty that are totally trashed, luckily I think 99% of the points the Demon attaches to are 'test points' that won't destroy the console outright if they're lifted. We'll just have to get creative repairing them :tongue:

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
this is why designed it so the pcb didn't solder directly to any components.

and why you can install with wires only too.

and also the reason why a microusb was included so you can fully test / program the demon before you even touch a soldering iron - so you will know it's the soldering that is causing failures and not the demon - and IF it was faulty you can send it back without blaming bad soldering or causing any damage to the demon or your xbox by having to remove it

xecuter thought of all angles on this one

Reactions: Thanet_360s

Dimrain13

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2011
Tecumseh, MI / Okinawa, JP
this is why designed it so the pcb didn't solder directly to any components.

and why you can install with wires only too.

and also the reason why a microusb was included so you can fully test / program the demon before you even touch a soldering iron - so you will know it's the soldering that is causing failures and not the demon - and IF it was faulty you can send it back without blaming bad soldering or causing any damage to the demon or your xbox by having to remove it

xecuter thought of all angles on this one
this is good, 10 points to Gryffindor!!

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
nice uber, very nice pics,is it literally the qsb points apart from corona?

plus once again am i correct in thinking we need the rgh 2 on a phat jasper 16mb to support rgh and demon?
you can use wires on a demon slim for the corona - ill post the img later

there is a lot of stuff coming out for Corona installs :)

Gadorach

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2011
Canada
So, what ever happened to our image of a wired DemoN install on a Corona? :p
I'd like to see the new test points! :D
I might have a Corona later this week to try them with, using a Cygnos360 though, of course.

- Gadorach

Last edited:
L

LoneWolf913

Now that's some nice packaging. It's the little bells and whistles like that setting you guys apart from the competition even further than you already are :) Can't wait to see one in my mailbox!

rob753420

Aug 2, 2011
flordia
luv the packaging cant wait to see mine at the door really cant wait for corona stuff! and see what happens when tx figures out the new cb on new dash update!!! i cant wait for dual nand