[ANSWERED] My Probe 3 won't light up :/

ScrubbaDubby

BANNED
Aug 10, 2012
Findlay, Ohio
Edit: If your having this same problem as stated below, i suggest cutting off the rubber to the on/off power switch button the the probe cable and make sure your wires are still soldered, if not then resolder them to these pins http://gyazo.com/90d0dbc62c737a48093518c6a0711c95

i have a ck3 rev 002 with a probe 3. bought it from xconsoles.

This is my first time using it, the probe won't light up when powered and the dvd drive won't eject. i have the probe 3 side in the dvd drive (liteon) and it wont eject and the probe 3 is not lighting up.

The dvd drive ejects fine on a console.

I am just trying to flash the dvd key to it but my probe won't light up and it won't read the drive in jf.

USB pro drivers and latest firmware are installed, on jf it recognizes usb pro and 1 dvd drive. but when i hit phat key it can't find the dvd drive and the ck3 won't come up like it should in jf

THE PROBE DOES LIGHT UP AND DOES EJECT WHEN I HAVE THE PROBE 3 SIDE PLUGGED INTO Ck3

THE DRIVE DOES EJECT WITH A NON-PROBE 3 CABLE WITH THE CK3

ITS DOESN'T POWER PROBE 3 OR EJECT WHEN THE PROBE 3 SIDE IS IN THE DVD DRIVE.

Last edited:

ScrubbaDubby

BANNED
Aug 10, 2012
Findlay, Ohio
Re: My Probe 3 won't light up :/

i got it in. after seeing another quesiton like mine i saw that the "button" for the cable can come unsoldrered. i cut the black rubber off and of course it has come de-soldered.

i saw the straggling wire and i soldered it to the point the looks like it has been soldered too. but these prongs look like they poked into several wires, i dont know which ones go where?

is there a tut on fixing the probe 3 power cable for ck3