Any headway with the falcon rgh2?

hacktheworld

Feb 3, 2012
I was wondering if this issue has been resolved. I have one here that is not booting xell. My solder is good as i booted before i wrote ecc to stock dash and this is my 10th rgh. I have 3.3k resistors and 680caps ordered and they should be here today, but i have read mixed results. I was wondering if there was perhaps a jrunner update with new timing files? I have 275 and have tried all files, with all jumper possibility's, with and with out shielded cable....ugh...what a pain in the [email protected]

Reactions: akawtu

kconston

Noob Account
Mar 13, 2012
I was wondering if this issue has been resolved. I have one here that is not booting xell. My solder is good as i booted before i wrote ecc to stock dash and this is my 10th rgh. I have 3.3k resistors and 680caps ordered and they should be here today, but i have read mixed results. I was wondering if there was perhaps a jrunner update with new timing files? I have 275 and have tried all files, with all jumper possibility's, with and with out shielded cable....ugh...what a pain in the [email protected]
are you using a coolrunner? Ive never encountered a falcon that I couldnt glitch and that didnt have a near instant boot time. Post pics of your wiring

satchy

Dec 17, 2011
Yup same here guys I've spent about 7hrs doing the same from 10ohm 3.3k 1k resistors and 68 48 33 caps all no good
On this,falcon its so inconsistent from 1min to 5 to not at all
My soldering is great

Also using coolrunner v a
Tried all timing files

Cheers

vrtclhykr

Nov 19, 2003
Vancouver BC BUD
kconston you are only half right on your response.
Falcons are the fastest boot times on RGH1
RGH2 is a who9le different story. If you simply look at the top 30 posts right now you will see there are a half dozen talking about Falcons with Rgh 2. They suck ballz.
Hence the "improved timing files" for falcon in the new J-runner

OP the truth is they are stubborn with rgh2. You will need to try different resistor combo's and try all the timing files. If you are getting the pulse on your CR (green light) then let it sit...and sit...and sit.....eventually it will glitch for you to get your keys. My first RGH2 falcon sat for 45 min before getting xell. After that you will know that your CR is working and then you can start trying to get the glitch times down.
Search through all the Falcon rgh2 threads for different ideas.

Reactions: hacktheworld

hacktheworld

Feb 3, 2012
yes i am using cr rev c. I am hoping the demons will fare much better then this, and i hope team xecuter can resolve this. I have to say this is the first disappointment I have ever had with a team xecuter product...

vrtclhykr

Nov 19, 2003
Vancouver BC BUD
I would tread lightly blaming the TX product. Your falcon requires some educated work to get it glitching. RGH2 needs some finesse. Like I said in previous post.
Most installers that do regular machines have achieved RGH2 on falcons. It does work and have yet to hear a regular installer say that they give up on a machine (exception of xenons)By definition of the hack it is a glitch.
TX offered up a solution to 14719 pretty frikin quick and allowed us to be able to use our current stock of coolrunners. If you are not happy with the results from the TX glitch chip then perhaps you should try one of the other guys. In the end you will still be here asking your questions.

ALSO...Demon has nothing to do with glitching your console!!!!!

Reactions: ddsdavey

marcusinteruptus

Jul 11, 2009
Devon, UK
I've only done the one rgh2 on a falcon and I used the resistor and cap as suggested by Martin C with the falcon timing and it worked first time. Was I just lucky, don't know but it seems to work for a lot of people.

I've only had one machine that wouldn't glitch consistently and that was a zephyr, it would occasionally glitch but it was never good enough so I put it back to stock.

Über did say ages ago that some experimenting might be needed so keep at it. Also it might be worth putting some pics up just in case someone can spot something that can be improved.

hacktheworld

Feb 3, 2012
I will be trying the resister and cap solution soon and will post my results. if there has been no headway I will post pics and start a help thread...I am sure there will be a solution worked out soon, tx always does a good job!!

kconston

Noob Account
Mar 13, 2012
kconston you are only half right on your response.
Falcons are the fastest boot times on RGH1
RGH2 is a who9le different story. If you simply look at the top 30 posts right now you will see there are a half dozen talking about Falcons with Rgh 2. They suck ballz.
Hence the "improved timing files" for falcon in the new J-runner

OP the truth is they are stubborn with rgh2. You will need to try different resistor combo's and try all the timing files. If you are getting the pulse on your CR (green light) then let it sit...and sit...and sit.....eventually it will glitch for you to get your keys. My first RGH2 falcon sat for 45 min before getting xell. After that you will know that your CR is working and then you can start trying to get the glitch times down.
Search through all the Falcon rgh2 threads for different ideas.
Well my everyday falcon with coolrunner rev. b using rgh2 boots damn near instant everytime... I had issues with long boot times with the coolrunner switch on phat, but when I switched it to slim I've had near instant boots everytime

satchy

Dec 17, 2011
cool can you explain what files caps and resistors and whast method you used with cpu ?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
yes i am using cr rev c. I am hoping the demons will fare much better then this, and i hope team xecuter can resolve this. I have to say this is the first disappointment I have ever had with a team xecuter product...
You DO know that RGH 2.0 was released much earlier than we wanted it to and consoles were still being tested? Yes, that makes you a tester too. Some Falcons are much harder to RGH 2.0 but they will all glitch with the right combination. I don't see ANY pics in this thread, which is funny since you're disappointed. How about you start following the correct support process and post images of your soldering?

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

cool can you explain what files caps and resistors and whast method you used with cpu ?
Using a 470pF cap in parallel with a 3.3k resistor on the CPU_RST line can help. I had very little success without it:

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8677&d=1337791110

dogeatdog

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2011
Netherlands
Any preferred routes to wire CPU_RST ? I've tried over the shroud near the heatsink, near the fans and in the middle and once I got it to glitch (in 20sec), two times in a row while it was near the fans. Then I taped the wires to the shroud since I was going to put the case back on and it hasn't glitched ever since, so I'm thinking this has an effect as well (yes, I used shielded cable, but that has never EVER worked for me).

(pictures will follow if you're interested, but I'm just asking for any preferred routes..)

edit : tried this route now (see http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15856171/P1010260.JPG). Still no luck. Not with 10ohm, not with MartinC's method (470pF/3K, 680pF/3K). Using regular wire now. JF falcon rgh2 file. The fact that some asses leaked RGH2 way before its time doesn't mean us testers/installers are the only ones throwing all kind of combos at these b****s of Falcons, I hope ? :D (since I especially am doing a piss poor job then :)

edit 2 : did the wiring now as per http://www.team-xecuter.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=82251 (using kynar). Also redid all the solder points just to be sure and even made E and F as short as could be. Still no joy. Think I will try to go back to timing file A, since this rgh2 falcon.xsvf is not giving me any love.. anymore.

Last edited:

satchy

Dec 17, 2011
ive tryed everything mine glitches very inconsistanly i think i might give this back to the customer unglitched ?

using a rev A CR with missing c15 same wiring as you martin Falcon mb tryed all different timing
used 68,47 and 33 caps and used a combination of 10 ohm.1k 3.3k resistors
have not tryed the shieldered wire do you think this could be it martin ?

Cheers

louie

May 29, 2011
Stuttgart, Germany
Had the very same problem as most with their rgh2 falcons. You really want to try ALL combinations of 100ohm, 1k, 2k, 3.3k w/ 470pf, 560pf, 680pf parallel on cpu_rst blue wire not the shielded one. For me it was 3.3k w/ 680pf cap and it didn't glitch at all with any other combination, not even after hours of waiting. My RGH Falcon now boot in <1min sometimes even after 1 cycle with the experimental falcon *.jed from latest JR.
Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Martin C and satchy

satchy

Dec 17, 2011
How about you start a new thread complete with images?

Martin I completely agree with what your saying i should do but it will be photos of the obvious i have done over 100 rgh1s and this is my 2nd rgh2 and its a falcon my wiring and placement is perfectly copied from your jasper thread i dont think this is the problem

Cheers

Lee

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Martin I completely agree with what your saying i should do but it will be photos of the obvious i have done over 100 rgh1s and this is my 2nd rgh2 and its a falcon my wiring and placement is perfectly copied from your jasper thread i dont think this is the problem

Cheers

Lee
Understood, however

a - your problem can be addressed better in your own thread

b - images would help us eliminate anything else, regardless how insignificant you may think it is.

Reactions: satchy