CK3i any problems other than the PL2303 chip?

ADS090

Feb 2, 2011
Toronto
Is there any other way the CK3i 'always on' power problem can be explained except for the blown PL2303 chip? I ordered my X360USB, unlocked TX PCB and ck3i about a month and a half back from modchipcentral. The CK3i worked perfectly then, I even flashed the fw into the PCB. But the pcb turned out to be faulty so I sent it back to modchipcentral. They exchanged it and I just got it back.
Now the problem is my ck3i is always staying on (green light) when I plug it into the molex cable from my PC. I read a lot of threads and posts about this same issue, and since I've previously plugged in the molex myself very carefully, it's not possible that I plugged it in the wrong way. Last time it worked perfectly fine like I said. But since getting my exchanged PCB, I tried it last night again, and that's when I saw it was giving this problem. Before last night, I hadn't used the CK3i even once after using it a month and a half back when it worked fine.
That's why I was wondering if anything else other than the PL2303 chip could be causing the problem