Applications: Run FSD2 and XM360 from NXE

FSD2
====

I know that people like FSD2. I like it too, therefore I am not bothered of running FSD2 through XeXMenu. Some people like it so much that they make their console boot directly to it :rolleyes:

But what if someone wanted to run it through NXE? Or didn't like the idea of running FSD2 again through XeXMenu when a game is exited?

I am one of those people who ask the above questions
:eek:

So, I made a little application which allows you to run FSD2 directly from NXE
:cool:

Ofcourse, making this application isn't hard. I actually made it for personal use, but many people ask questions regarding the possibility of running FSD from NXE and how to do it, so I thought I should make this application public.

It is pretty easy to install. I hope you will find it useful
:)

===============================

Download archive here: FSD2_NXE.rar

Installation Instructions:

================

1. Make a new folder in the root of either your Xbox360 HDD or USB drive and rename it to "fsd2". Copy the folders i.e. "Media" and "Skin" & the "default.xex" file from the FSD2 installation folder to the "fsd2" folder.

2a. Copy the "FSD2" file to your Xbox360 HDD:

HDD1:/Partition3/Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00007000/

Or

2b. Copy the "FSD2" file to Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00007000/ using Xtaf GUI on the reserved space for Xbox360 data on a USB drive and connect it to your Xbox360.

Now you FSD2 will appear as an Xbox360 game in NXE and you can run from there.

================

There is no difference in copying the FSD2 files to either the Xbox360 HDD or the USB drive. Just remember to keep the "fsd2" folder either on the HDD or the USB drive. Don't make it on both the Xbox360 HDD and the USB drive.

==================================

And ofcourse, Thanks to TeamFSD for FSD2

==================================

====================================================================================================

XM360
=====

Download archive here: XM360_NXE.rar

Installation Instructions:
=========================

1. Copy the XM360 folder which contains the "XM360.xex" and other files & folders to the root of either your Xbox360 HDD i.e. HDD1 or USB drive i.e. USB0 and rename the folder to "XM360".

2a. Copy the "XM360" file to your Xbox360 HDD:
HDD1:/Partition3/Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00007000/

Or

2b. Copy the "XM360" file to Content/0000000000000000/C0DE9999/00007000 using Xtaf GUI on the reserved space for Xbox360 data on a USB drive and connect it to your Xbox360.

Now XM360 will appear as an Xbox360 game in NXE and you can run it from there.

============

There is no difference in copying the XM360 files to either the Xbox360 HDD or the USB drive. Just remember to keep the "XM360" folder either on the HDD or the USB. Don't make it on both the Xbox360 HDD and the USB drive.

==============================

Thanks to Team XeDev for XM360

==============================

By M AzeeM K

Last edited:
Re: Tutorial: Run FSD2 from NXE

nice mate. ill have a look.
No Problem.

I didn't have any problem using it. Hopefully it will work fine for you too ;)

Re: Application & Tutorial: Run FSD2 from NXE

Works great. Thanks MAK. Be nice when the updates out and its all functional
FSD2 works fine even in its Alpha stage if you ask me. That's why I created this ;)

Last edited:

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com

Yeah, works fine but there are items in the utilities that say they are disabled until further release or have I got the wrong version?

Yeah, works fine but there are items in the utilities that say they are disabled until further release or have I got the wrong version?
There is nothing disabled in the Utilities section. The only things currently disabled for the Alpha release are the Game Previews, Photo Viewer, Favorites and Recent Games. Everything else pretty much works fine.

Check your Dash Version in the About menu in the Utilities section. The latest version currently available is "2.0a Rev1044". If you have the Rev1044, then you are on the latest version. If its anything lower, then yes, you have an older version of FSD2 and you should get the new one.

steven007

May 10, 2010

Hi

got this installed using this method, i want to now copy my Xbox360 games to my 500gb USB drive. this is plugged into rear usb port and also has the 16gb xbox partition, my question is what is the correct location for the 360 games and XBLA etc when copying to my USB drive.

thanks

Hi

got this installed using this method, i want to now copy my Xbox360 games to my 500gb USB drive. this is plugged into rear usb port and also has the 16gb xbox partition, my question is what is the correct location for the 360 games and XBLA etc when copying to my USB drive.

thanks
Its simple.

1. Insert the Xbox360 game disc you want to copy into the DVD drive.
2. Go to the Copy DVD option under the Utilities Tab. Select the options you want according to your needs, and select the "Start Copy" option.

Now wait for the Game to be copied completely to the USB drive.

Also, don't forget to add the directory you are copying the games to, to the paths in "fsd2config.xml" in order for FSD2 to show the Games you copied in the Xbox360 games list.

Last edited:

steven007

May 10, 2010

So there isn't a set location for storing the games from DVD when copying them to thr USB HD

i was under the impresion they had to be in a certain location same with XBLA and emulators ...etc

i tried using the copy DVD from utils in FSD2 created a games folder on the USB in this i created a folder for the game title .In the "copy DVD to Harddrive menu"it always displays"can't set destination folder"what ever location i change it to...anyway i then tried to copy the game over, after the files finished copying the game doesn't appear in the Xbox 360 games tab in fsd2..even after reboot of console

any ideas

EDIT: looked into the created game title folder and its empty,although the copy progress bar said it was DONE, it was rather quick for a full DVD so my guess for some reason it failed to copy thats why its not showing up under 360 games in fsd2

EDIT2: must have been a bug or something, i created a new folder using the file manager instead of the copy DVD tab and its new copying correctly i guess its going to work this time

another query though i see fsd2 had tabs for xbox1 games,homebrew and emulators should these be placed in any particular location/folder on the USB drive

Last edited:

So there isn't a set location for storing the games from DVD when copying them to thr USB HD

i was under the impresion they had to be in a certain location same with XBLA and emulators ...etc

i tried using the copy DVD from utils in FSD2 created a games folder on the USB in this i created a folder for the game title .In the "copy DVD to Harddrive menu"it always displays"can't set destination folder"what ever location i change it to...anyway i then tried to copy the game over, after the files finished copying the game doesn't appear in the Xbox 360 games tab in fsd2..even after reboot of console

any ideas

EDIT: looked into the created game title folder and its empty,although the copy progress bar said it was DONE, it was rather quick for a full DVD so my guess for some reason it failed to copy thats why its not showing up under 360 games in fsd2
If FSD2 doesn't copy the DVD correctly, then you can use XeXMenu to copy the game instead.

As for the games not appearing in FSD2, you have to add the directory you are copying the games to, to the paths in "fsd2config.xml" in order for FSD2 to show the Games you copied to the USB drive in the Xbox360 games list.

I like it :D
Just trying to get it to boot from NXE, dont see to want to go :(

"dont see to want to go" <== Couldn't really understand what you said :eek: Maybe it should have been, "dont want to see it go" ? :rolleyes:

By the way, nice clothes. Where did you get them from ? :p

Last edited:

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com

Correct. I can get it to load through xexmenu but thats all. Tried variuos things but to no avail.
Have you got a screen shot of what the folder should look like?

Correct. I can get it to load through xexmenu but thats all. Tried variuos things but to no avail.
Have you got a screen shot of what the folder should look like?
Just make a folder in the root of your Xbox360 HDD's partition which contains the content, cache folders etc, and rename it to "fsd2". Then move the "default.xex" and the other two folders present in the FSD2 installation folder to the "fsd2" folder. Then run FSD2 from NXE. It should work.

As for the screenshot, I don't have it screenshot right now, but I will see if I can post it...

EDIT: OK, the screenshots:

The "fsd2" folder has to be in the root of either HDD1 or USB0. In the screenshot above, it is present in HDD1.

You have to copy only the folders "Media", "Skins" and the file "default.xex" from the FSD2 installation archive to the "fsd2" folder as seen in the picture above. The other folders and files present in the above picture are created by FSD2 itself after it has been run.

Last edited:

steven007

May 10, 2010

hi

not getting anywere with the editing of the xml file...the problem is my lack of understanding of how the paths should be structured in the info file for fsd2 it seems to suggest a different way as to how the xml comments are asking it to be done.

i ended up crashing the fsd totally and it wouldn't load
have restored a default xml file

do you have a sample of how the paths lines should be written
all my content will be going on the USB0 drive
360 games into games
live arcade into live folder
xbox1 games into xbox1 folder
emulators in to emulators folder
all on usb0...i just cant figure out how the paths lines should be typed

any help appreciated