ASUS DRW-24B1ST w/ Burnermax Payload Tool. High Kprobe Results

nana_yaw

Aug 14, 2013
My ihas324b started acting up so I purchased this drive to see if I'll have any luck getting good results. This is what I
got from my second burn. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Didn't save the logs from my first burn but the results were
almost identical to the second. The only difference was with the first burn I enabled burn-proof.

I also noticed this error In the Imgburn log.
Book Type Setting: N/A (Reason: Invalid Field in CDB)

These are my settings for the second burn
Force HT - Yes
Smartburn - Yes
Overspeed - No
Online HT - No

Burn-proof - Disabled
OPC - Off
Buffer - 512mb

Imgburn Log
View attachment imgburn log.txt

Kprobe Result
kprobe result.JPG

Last edited:

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
Have you tried to use it in the Xbox? Kprobe doesn't give legit results with Asus. Try Nero Discspeed, score 90 minimum.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using freakin' Tapatalk 4

Reactions: nana_yaw

nana_yaw

Aug 14, 2013
RhoTrux64 you were right. I tested it on my Xbox it worked. I plugged my old ihas324 back an ran kprobe and these were thess results. It's still bad but not as bad as what the Asus readings were giving me. I literally had to get the 2 discs I burnt from the garbage bin and clean them up. I also saw an old post of yours about the asus giving false readings.

These were the settings I used for the first burn but unfortunately I didn't save the Imgburn log but it's identical to the logs I posted above. The only difference is BURN-Proof was enabled.

imgburn settings

Force HT - Yes
Smartburn - Yes
Overspeed - No
Online HT - No

BURN-Proof - Enabled
Buffer - 512mb

ihas324b kprobe results.
Date : 8/31/2013 12:33:59 AM
Model : 0-0-0-0 G:ATAPI iHAS324 B AL1B
Disc : DVD+R DL , MKM003 [Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation]
Speed : 4x
ECC blocks sum (PI/PIF) : 8/1
Scanned range : 0 - 4267023
Sampling count : 250786
Errors : 0
PI Max : 35
PI Average : 4.31
PI Total : 135143
PIF Max : 6
PIF Average : 0.62
PIF Total : 19353

Last edited:

DrunkenNinja

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2011
RGH
those discs are fine with the readout given anyway...

If they verify the original data (be sure to tick the box in imgburn) then they should be well...

quality disc scanning software is great if your curious how easily the data can be read BUT the most important factor is that it can be read and matches exactly the data from your ripped iso, kprobe will tell you your mikey mouse dvd reads well but it can't confirm the data is correct which is what M$ will be looking at...

Last edited: