ANSWERED Bad block while reading TRINITY (NTSC) nand

Carlos_Mad

Oct 22, 2013
Hi.

I'm using nand-x to read the nand of a trinity (that was bought from a friend and it's a NTSC one - i'm from Portugal, so PAL it's what we use).

While reading i get this:

Reading Nand
Error: 250 reading block FD

At the end (with J-RUNNER) it's says this:

Comparing...
Bad Block ID 00FD Found @ 0x03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00]
Block ID 03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00] remapped to Block ID 00FD [Offset: 0x413A00]
Bad Blocks Remapped
Block ID 03FF [Offset: 0x107BE00] remapped to Block ID 00FD [Offset: 0x413A00]
Bad Blocks Remapped
Nands are the same

So i really don't know what it's this, since i only did a few RGH's, and this is the first time i got a bad block. Did j-runner fix the bad block? Or it's there, and might damage my nand?
Now i really don't know if it's safe to dump the ecc image. I already resolder the point's they are good, but if someone can see my dump and if it's ok to go, and that i'm not going to get some errors, please do that.

Sorry if i post in the wrong section.

PS: i have a secondary question (not to important, since i didn't search yet about it). It's about the region of the xbox 360. Since it's a ntsc i can't play pal games thru the drive right? Or can i? Or it's any way to get it working?

Thanks for your attention.

Cheers,
Carlos_Mad.

gavin_darkglide

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2012
Dont worry about 1 bad block, unless it is in the first 50 blocks, as it says the blocks are remapped, and when you create a new image, the blocks will be remapped there as well.

Reactions: Carlos_Mad

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Bad blocks are "normal".

They may be present on the chip from the factory or they may develop over time.

Read this page for more information about bad blocks.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Dont worry about 1 bad block, unless it is in the first 50 blocks, as it says the blocks are remapped, and when you create a new image, the blocks will be remapped there as well.
This seems to be a consistent misunderstanding.

The blocks say they're remapped as that's what J-Runner does temporarily to compare images.

The part you're actually looking at is this:

There's more about bad blocks here: http://www.free60.org/NAND:Bad_Blocks

Carlos_Mad

Oct 22, 2013
Thanks to everyone :)

After reading the NAND:Bad_Blocks at the free60, i notice that the cmd lines are done when using a LPT. So,with nand-x, doing that ain't possible, right?

So, with nand-x how can i now if that particular bad block it's at the first 50 block? I didn't write the ecc to the nand yet. Before doing that, i came here, and search for some answers, if that block it's a major problem when doing a rgh 2 :)

Can i use nandpro on my pc and search for the bad block? Or that isn't possible? Sorry for this questions, but i really noob at this :)

Thanks.

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
After reading the NAND:Bad_Blocks at the free60, i notice that the cmd lines are done when using a LPT. So,with nand-x, doing that ain't possible, right?

So, with nand-x how can i now if that particular bad block it's at the first 50 block? I didn't write the ecc to the nand yet. Before doing that, i came here, and search for some answers, if that block it's a major problem when doing a rgh 2 :)

Can i use nandpro on my pc and search for the bad block? Or that isn't possible? Sorry for this questions, but i really noob at this :)
Let J-Runner remap bad blocks for you.

It does all the hard work for you, so there is no need for you to do anything other than read the NAND.

Carlos_Mad

Oct 22, 2013
Thanks for all replies.

Did all the process and flash back the dump after ecc...all went ok.

The RGH 2 is done at this trinity.

Once more, thanks ;)

Cheers,
Carlos.