ANSWERED Bad firmware flash problem, need help

waseemwahood

Nov 15, 2010
Hi,
I tried to flash my liteon v9 drive to LT+ 3.0.
It worked perfectly until I put it back to the xbox.
i got e64 error, a bunch of times. Then, took it out again and setup jungle flasher 1.91, using ck3 pro and x360usb. here is where the issue comes and it happened in the first time. it says "drive not detected." I did liteon erase and it says drive returned status 0x80 and tried again drive status returned 0x41. i did a device intro, and it would not work (i did th power cycle).
i tried the eject button on the ck3, the liteon would not eject.
i put it back in the xbox to see the problem, and saw the xbox power light blinking and the e64 error showed up.
I'm thinking that it could be that it is stuck in eject, and I'm very sure it is a bad firmware flash.
if the dvd drive drive is goosed, what is the alternative to fix this? if it is spoofing, please show a tutorial...

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Which means you messed up plugging it back into your console..

You've probably damaged the DVD's PCB, so get another Lite-on and flash with this console's DVD key and all should be well.

Reactions: waseemwahood

waseemwahood

Nov 15, 2010
Which means you messed up plugging it back into your console..

You've probably damaged the DVD's PCB, so get another Lite-on and flash with this console's DVD key and all should be well.
that was a quick response, could you direct me to a thread that shows the process?

slipcky6

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2009
Home
Well first off can you solder or do you own a soldering iron? Replacing it is pretty easy. You just unsolder the old board and solder the new one on. Then reflash the new board with your firmware.

waseemwahood

Nov 15, 2010
Well first off can you solder or do you own a soldering iron? Replacing it is pretty easy. You just unsolder the old board and solder the new one on. Then reflash the new board with your firmware.
Does it have to be a liteon v9 or is it okay if it's v8 or v7 or ben, etc?
Is the soldering a difficult one or is it a simple one?

waseemwahood

Nov 15, 2010
I would use a v9 PCB board since it is the same plus they are easy to find last time I looked.

There are 8 simple solder points.
Is there a thread on this site that shows these points

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Also, is it a possibility that I can do a GRH? Would it be a good choice?
This is just a backup plan, my main goal is to get it fixed. And so far all I know is that I have to replace the drive. But i need some direction to a guide that would help me figure out how to replace the drive
Thanks to everyone helping.

boob4me

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2011
B.C. CANADA
Is there a thread on this site that shows these points

its just the wires connected to the pcb....
before you try anything, try to do the bad flash recovery method explained on page 201 in the jf tut,(doesnt matter if jf see's your drive or not!) basicaly, just probe mpxoo1 and hit device intro and see if drive responds with 0x72 properties, then remove probe instantly!!, than simply proseed with flashing as usual, and make 100% sure you have eveything connected securly and properly because Iv seen countless times where people have been not paying close attention and wrecked there drives due to incopitance:crazy:

Last edited:

waseemwahood

Nov 15, 2010
Alright I will try that soon and give a progress

---------- Post added at 19:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:44 ----------

and also,
i just want to say that i need xbox live too. so if this process requires me to give that up, i can't do it.

boob4me

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2011
B.C. CANADA
no,no,no, just, probe mpx001 hit intro, than hit read. if you want you can load lt3.0 which is safe online with original games so all should be good.(people are playing backups online too, but make sure your using ihas burner with burner max firmware to ensure 100% backups with VERBATIMS 001- or 003's)

waseemwahood

Nov 15, 2010
im not referring to you, i know the method you mentioned does not risk xbox live. but I'm saying if that does not work, then i would have to find a dvd replacement and i don't know if THAT would sacrifice my xbox live.

I will do the probing as i can and will post the progress

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 20:01 ----------

i meant as soon as i can

---------- Post added at 20:12 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

i checked page 201 and it is for benq, not liteon. is is the same way?

boob4me

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2011
B.C. CANADA
ya same way as benq.

ps. as long as you replace the drives pcb, or the entire drive and transfer the dvd key, with the exact model 7,8,9 series you'll be just fine, trust.

pss. if you dont have a probe v3 you CANT FLASH LITEON DRIVE'S PERIOD!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

waseemwahood

Nov 15, 2010
my dvd drive was flashed by someone else, who gave the key drive. All i have is a ck3pro and x360usb....
secondly, since i have to replace the drive, I'm thinking of different alternatives and i need to know which would be best.
1. there is a store nearby my house that fixes these issues, but they are saying that it would cost about 60 or 70 dollars if the dvd drive needs to be replaced, if it is flashing problem then it would be $40. that is probably my best choice.
2. i have another broken xbox with a rrod, i believe it is because of overheating or something, i will take a look at it, but nothing shows up on screen. so i can get that one fixed by the same store and i can get an x-t drive. the xbox is a hitachi with a fan modded into it (the fan was installed after the rrod) I'm thinking the total would be around $140

i know that time-wise and money-wise it is option one, but option two seems like the "safe" way because the xbox is sort of untouched, in a way. I'm sorry for sounding :crazy:
but this is a problem for me :facepalm:

Thanks

x360ccm

BANNED
Jan 18, 2011
south coast UK
send me your dummy.bin and your drive key..........in the mean time i read this thread lol.

---------- Post added at 03:10 ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 ----------

what was th orig drive.

lt or benq

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaster the Ghost

waseemwahood

Nov 15, 2010
send me your dummy.bin and your drive key..........in the mean time i read this thread lol.

---------- Post added at 03:10 ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 ----------

what was th orig drive.

lt or benq
it is a liteon

---------- Post added at 21:25 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

why do you want me to send the drive key?

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

out of curiosity....

Reactions: Jaster the Ghost