GENERAL bake for an hour and it comes to life

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
Hi so i purchased the TX RRoD Repair kit v3 Extreme Edition for a Falcon.

But waiting for 2 red lights before connecting fans again doesn't seem to work.

Only seems to work when i bake for an hour or so then let it cool down before connecting fans.

Should I just now just give up and try a Relow or Reball?

Thanks for your help.

muchose

VIP Member
Oct 16, 2012
Eastern Canada
Really.... over 1000 post and you're asking about oven baking?:crazy:

And then asking if a reflow/reball would help:crazy:

What have you been doing on this site?

Dec 21, 2012
Murfreesboro, TN
First off how did you become a VIP and asking this question. Second the fact you put it in the oven is stupid but since you did that a reflow would be stupid since you just made the solder even more brittle then it was when you started now your looking at a reball a reflow won't last you now so reball it and hope you didn't do any damage. Also for future reference when you put it in a oven such as the one you cook food in is dangerous because it let's off harmful chemicals and get into your oven and then in the food you eat have someone who has the machine to do it properly or buy a new one that's why they make those machines otherwise every shop would have a oven in them because there cheaper then a reflow reball machine. Remember there is a right tool for every job and the oven is not the right tool for this job.

Last edited:

nosherfj

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Manchester UK
guys guys guys i use the word bake meaning powering up the xbox with fans disconnected that's all.not the oven.i am pretty sure of the answer is a reflow but just want to double check, can a vip do this? This is a help forum is it not and even experienced members have areas of knowledge they need to learn more on.

Last edited:

muchose

VIP Member
Oct 16, 2012
Eastern Canada
I actually found it funny. Lighten up a bit. If he has been here since 2010 he obviously finds what he needs with the search and not asking 1000 questions. which would you prefer?
True enough... I'll give you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Our Sponsors