Better anti-ban measures

Dudefromforum

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2020
Malta
two switches I had got banned because SX OS is unsafe to use online.
I didn’t install any homebrew, played only my own XCI backups with certs but got banned regardless. The stealth mode sucks by the way.
I’m Disappointed. I‘m selling my SX device and I’ll never return until this is fixed. This was the only reason I bought this crap
Error 2124-4508

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
With all due respect, you should have known that modifying your console comes with at least a minimal ban risk.

You can't blame a homebrew product such as SX OS for your lack of understanding.

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
You have not been able to play xci cartridges with legit certs online for a while, even with stealth mode off, you will freeze on startup or level 2 of game.

nintendo started adding server-side checks outside of nintendo firmware itself since as early as firmware 8.1 and by 9.2 it was across all games.

stealth mode will protect you from being banned, but it will not protect you from playing xci cartridges with certs. even if they are your own, and you never shared them.

Steath mode is there to allow you to use homebrew online, ftp online, lanplay online, without fear of nintendo banning you from that, so you can still boot original firmware and use your legit eshop games online, and cartridges.

So far, as well people have not gotten banned using their legit xci cartridges to update them via eshop with stealth mode off, but there no guarantee that will contiune for ever.

Reactions: Rogerio

Dudefromforum

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2020
Malta
You have not been able to play xci cartridges with legit certs online for a while, even with stealth mode off, you will freeze on startup or level 2 of game.

nintendo started adding server-side checks outside of nintendo firmware itself since as early as firmware 8.1 and by 9.2 it was across all games.

stealth mode will protect you from being banned, but it will not protect you from playing xci cartridges with certs. even if they are your own, and you never shared them.

Steath mode is there to allow you to use homebrew online, ftp online, lanplay online, without fear of nintendo banning you from that, so you can still boot original firmware and use your legit eshop games online, and cartridges.

So far, as well people have not gotten banned using their legit xci cartridges to update them via eshop with stealth mode off, but there no guarantee that will contiune for ever.
With all due respect, you should have known that modifying your console comes with at least a minimal ban risk.

You can't blame a homebrew product such as SX OS for your lack of understanding.

I didn’t play “online” with them; I played single player games with stealth mode off (basically connected to Nintendo servers in the background but not in the game so they didn’t freeze) and got banned on one console after three weeks (September 18th got banned)

on the second console I tried to be extra safe so I played these games with stealth mode on, even with airplane mode turned on to not have any internet connection whatsoever in SX OS CFW and I was switching between SX OS CFW and OFW (basically playing offline my own XCI game backups with certs in CFW and playing my legit games online on OFW and uploading my save files to the cloud from games i played offline with stealth mode in CFW); two weeks later it was banned too so I wouldn’t say that the stealth mode is safe at all (it was banned end of August)
LOL silly noob you should have known the risks, dont bitch when you took the risk to mod your system to play backups.
What is wrong with demanding of something special from a paid product? If I would have only want to play backups offline I would go for atmosphere which is not only free but also easier to use. The selling point for me was that it has some online abilities but I’m disappointed that sx os offers basically nothing.
SX OS should not allow any telemetry to be sent. Even when the stealth mode is off.

Last edited:

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
For your second banned Switch, can you please confirm that you are NOT using emunand for your CFW?
I guess you don't as if you always stayed offline with this Switch and Stealth mode always ON, it is really surprising that your console got banned... 🤔

cheese124

Noob Account
Aug 5, 2020
usa
Did you ever launch the backups from the sys nan? I have read that that can do it because of the way that keys are submitted. But you say you use your own games/keys so that shouldn't do it. But what about updates for those games did you get them from nintendo servers or through your mod?

To be honest this is why I got a second switch to mod. From every youtube Ive listened to the best way to avoid a ban is just to have 2 consoles regardless of the OS you use once its moded.

I think this channel is rather useful for new users as well, clear explnations as some one who bought this switch pre moded there were some things I needed to fix/update. But on the same note I bought a ban switch as I have my own I will play games online with. So if you did want to sell it im sure you can get atleast $300 for it then just upgrade to a pro or something. It sucks about your saves though sorry man.

Dudefromforum

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2020
Malta
For your second banned Switch, can you please confirm that you are NOT using emunand for your CFW?
I guess you don't as if you always stayed offline with this Switch and Stealth mode always ON, it is really surprising that your console got banned... 🤔
I used an emuNAND to go online on the first one I mentioned. Basically each time I wanted to play I turned on the emuNAND where I had SX OS CFW installed and chose my XCI game and then turned off the stealth mode and played. That’s it.
Banned 3 weeks later.
On the second one I mentioned I didn’t use emuNAND at all. I was switching between OFW and SX OS CFW on sysNAND. Played my games in stealth mode and later when i was in OFW i uploaded my save files to the cloud from the Games I played in offline with stealth mode in CFW. No cheats, no mods.
This console got banned even faster than the other one.
I literally left my console in OFW in Standby mode and 3 days later I tried to play my legit Mario Kart 8 online and boom, ban message.
I gave SX OS two chances but got disappointed twice. I’m not sure If I can trust them again.
When the console got banned in August I sold it and bought an unbanned one and now it’s banned too.
Did you ever launch the backups from the sys nan? I have read that that can do it because of the way that keys are submitted. But you say you use your own games/keys so that shouldn't do it. But what about updates for those games did you get them from nintendo servers or through your mod?

To be honest this is why I got a second switch to mod. From every youtube Ive listened to the best way to avoid a ban is just to have 2 consoles regardless of the OS you use once its moded.

I think this channel is rather useful for new users as well, clear explnations as some one who bought this switch pre moded there were some things I needed to fix/update. But on the same note I bought a ban switch as I have my own I will play games online with. So if you did want to sell it im sure you can get atleast $300 for it then just upgrade to a pro or something. It sucks about your saves though sorry man.

Im not sure what you mean by "run games from sysNAND“

MomZo

Loyal Member
Jul 7, 2020
Vietnam
From what I understand, it is perfectly normal that your 2 Switches got banned.

With your first Switch, you used emunand but your were playing online with some games that you didn't buy and turning off Stealth mode which protects you from sending some information to Big N. Boom!

With your second Switch, you even didn't create an emunand, so even if you didn't go online in CFW, you had some traces of modding in your nand which were detected by N... as soon you connected to their servers, and even faster as you were using your game saves from CFW.

Honestly, using your Switches this way, you can only be banned after a while. Change your habits, or live with that.

Dudefromforum

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2020
Malta
From what I understand, it is perfectly normal that your 2 Switches got banned.

With your first Switch, you used emunand but your were playing online with some games that you didn't buy and turning off Stealth mode which protects you from sending some information to Big N. Boom!

With your second Switch, you even didn't create an emunand, so even if you didn't go online in CFW, you had some traces of modding in your nand which were detected by N... as soon you connected to their servers, and even faster as you were using your game saves from CFW.

Honestly, using your Switches this way, you can only be banned after a while. Change your habits, or live with that.
Thanks Karen

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Top Poster Of Month
Jul 7, 2010
At Home
Sleeping Team Xecuter still haven’t changed a thing
What do you expect the team to change?

You admitted to using SX OS on sysNAND which has probably left traces of CFW behind and N******o have seen this and decided to flag your Switch for a ban.

This is exactly why we advise users to create and use an emuNAND for CFW and 99.9% of them listen to our advice.

There are only two reasons to use CFW on sysNAND:

1. Your Switch is already banned.
2. You don't care about playing online or getting your Switch banned.

Yours is the first and only case I have seen regarding a ban when using SX OS CFW, so I strongly suspect that the fault lies with the way you use your Switch and not the SX OS software.

I understand that you are frustrated since this has happened twice, but this really isn't an SX OS issue.

Reactions: mickgrady and MomZo

Michael Shaw Jr

Sep 13, 2019
Massachusetts United States
I dont know who told you SX OS was banproof? SX OS has never advertised that you won't get banned. Even with Emunand they can't guarantee you won't get banned. It's not their fault though Because even if they implemented some kind of security measure once you turn off stealth mode or go on original firmware nintendo can see everything you did.

You should upload your XCI to your computer and make sure the certs are there, or check your nxdumptool or SX Dumper settings and verify it is set to keep certificates. I have been playing my switch online for over a year now with legit XCIs and haven't been banned, and they aren't even games I own anymore. I have also tried everything else in the realm of possibilities, save editing, mods online, cheats online (no mods or cheats that ruin the game for others though). Yet again, Someone on GBATEMP Got banned a while ago the for just playing legit XCI. I told him it must have been a freak thing and told him it probably wouldn't happen again, but about a month later it happened again. Bans on switch are funky, I don't think anybody knows exactly what triggers them and what not.

I'm sorry this happened to you though bro, I know regardless it sucks. Since your just using backups of your own games, Maybe you should just invest in a small case to carry all your games with you and just play legit if you buy another switch and keep your banned ones for CFW. Personally any game I want to play online I just buy on the eshop. I like having all my games already on the console, so I can throw it in my pocket and go. When it comes to physical releases there isn't really much to collect with switch games anyways.