BIOS freeze up

xboxman22

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2007
USA
Yesterday I flashed my BIOS for the first time with x3 3294. Everything seemed to work fine because after it flashed and it shut off. Then I turned it back on and it went to Config Live then I formetted my new hard drive and did the things I wanted,but I didn't put any dashboards in. Then after I shut it off again for awhile I turned it back on and it did the flubber animation and went to the xbox logo with the "xecuter rox my box" below it, then it just stays their and nothing will start up.So does anybody how to get back to Config Live from that screen?

xboxman22

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2007
USA
The only other things I did was play with the flubber animation a little and set it to the correct date and time.

xboxman22

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2007
USA
Yeah I think I did put in a password at sometime in their. So is their any way can still put in my password or get into config live from the xbox logo?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
xboxman22 said:
Yeah I think I did put in a password at sometime in their. So is their any way can still put in my password or get into config live from the xbox logo?
There's a known bug with X3 3294 and passwords.

Download a non X3 BIOS and flash to your chip (X2 or Evox M8 will do).

download my boot disk:

h t t p://w w w.megaupload.com/?d=8XYSCZNH

follow the instructions within and burn to a disc.

Boot it up and select the option to erase X3 EEPROM.

Once you've done this, reflash with X3 3294 and don't set a password!!

Martin

Last edited:

xboxman22

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2007
USA
what kind of cd do I use a cd-r or cd-rw

xboxman22

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2007
USA
I burned the boot disc correctly with nero 7 on a cd-rw and it doesn't want to boot up at all and yet just still stays at the xbox logo. So does anybody know whats going on?

xboxman22

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2007
USA
No. Because before I even started asking questions about my problem I tried to reflash it with the same BIOS to see if it would reset its self. But it still did the same thing so now since I already used flashBIOS 3.0.3 I have no way to flash the BIOS. So I can't think of anything but to get a new chip since there is no way of fixing this one.

xboxman22

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2007
USA
My xbox version is a 1.0. So how do I make the backup BIOS work.

Last edited:

xboxman22

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2007
USA
For some reason the backup BIOS won't come up. Did I have to back the BIOS when I was in Configlive that one time? If so then my chip is probably screwed.

Last edited:

xboxman22

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2007
USA
do you need to if you have a solderless adapter?Because I don't have it installed.

Last edited:

xboxman22

VIP Member
Jan 11, 2007
USA
I got it. I think I have some evox BIOS will those work?

Last edited: