Black&Green Case Mod

pingwin

Jun 13, 2011
Rapture
A few days ago we finished modding my friend's xbox. I think it became quite impressive.

My m8 cut out the case with dremel then painted it to black and green. The RGH, heatsinks and RF Panel LEDs were my job. The stock fan was also changed to green Talismoon fans.
The plastic funnel was also modified for the new GPU heatsink.

The plexi is a bit dirty on the pic, but it's pretty clear IRL (after cleaning it :rolleyes2:).

Please share your thoughts, every comment is highly appriciated. :)

Last edited:

badwigga

VIP Member
Nov 15, 2009
AUSTRALIA
nice job mate how long in total did it take you? :)

Disk0

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
Exeter UK
Nice job be good to see some hi res shots though ;)

A few days ago we finished modding my friend's xbox. I think it became quite impressive.

My m8 cut out the case with dremel then painted it to black and green. The RGH, heatsinks and RF Panel LEDs were my job. The stock fan was also changed to green Talismoon fans.
The plastic funnel was also modified for the new GPU heatsink.

The plexi is a bit dirty on the pic, but it's pretty clear IRL (after cleaning it :rolleyes2:).

Please share your thoughts, every comment is highly appriciated. :)
Would be a good ideal to put plexiglass on the inside of that tunnel because with you cutting into I your throwing the flow of air off. Now appropriate amount of air going through the heat sinks : )

---------- Post added at 20:33 ---------- Previous post was at 20:32 ----------

It does look good though : )

pingwin

Jun 13, 2011
Rapture
Thanks!

Aye, there is plexi glass under the tunnel. :) We spent great attention on proper wind tunnels and cooling. The upper half of the metal cage is masked, so the wind tunnel is more directed and sucks more air in.
After 7 hours of GoW3: CPU 40,2°C; EDRAM 38°C; MOBO 28°C; and the GPU almost reached 40°C. The room temperature was 26°C. Ice cube :D