Black Screen after updating to Switch firmware versions 9.X/10.X

Gui

Noob Account
Jun 30, 2020
Not your f**king business
Hi, I've been trying to update my switch firmware for a while (my current version is 8.1), and every time i update it and try to boot in the emunand in witch i updated i get a black screen. I can even get to the boot screen where you have the options to load the custom firmware, the normal switch and options but when i try to load the cfw i get a black scree, I can load the normal switch tho.

I followed step by step of this tutorial: https://team-xecuter.com/community/...ine-nintendo-switch-with-choidujournx.134247/ , except for the part where it says upadate with the exfat, I prefer fat32 for being more stable.

i've already tried a lot of things but nothing worked, like trying to remove the license file and see if it works, nothing

So... can someone please help me with that? i'm really annoyed by the fact that a lot of games are unplayable in this version...

Maze

Feb 6, 2019
Germany
Are you using. Beta boot.dat?

If not, use beta.

3.x.x supports switch 10.x
Have the same issue. Ive updated my switch original Firmware to 10.0.1 and the boot.dat to 3.0.3 beta. And nothing happens. If iam booting in costum FW I get a black screen an in a few minutes my switch is booting automatically in original FW

slamride

Nov 28, 2018
Choosing exfat only installs the option to use exfat it does not require you to use exfat. Always choose the exfat version so you will have the option it does not hurt anything and can save frustration. As far as your issue use the search it has been posted about several times.

Maze

Feb 6, 2019
Germany
Choosing exfat only installs the option to use exfat it does not require you to use exfat. Always choose the exfat version so you will have the option it does not hurt anything and can save frustration. As far as your issue use the search it has been posted about several times.
And how can I repeat this progress if I cant boot in custom FW to use ChoiDujourNX again?
Is there any chance to use ChoiDujourNX in RCM? If yes, how?

slamride

Nov 28, 2018
This is a similar post.
Nand repair
USE CAUTION WITH THIS METHOD READ BELOW BEFORE ANY ATTEMPT

I your case I would first format an SD card using the switch to do it. Then load only "boot.dat" and" License.dat" and try that. Formatting with the switch will help you get the proper type of format if you are unsure.
Seeing it happened after a system update it is possible you have wrong format.
Also understand that the CFW will look exactly like the OFW screens the only way to confirm if you are on CFW is to go to album.
From your post the system is going thru a normal boot process for CFW.
You can also hold Vol+ thru entire boot and see if SXOS boot menu appears. This is where you create Emunand.
Hi, I've been trying to update my switch firmware for a while (my current version is 8.1), and every time i update it and try to boot in the emunand in witch i updated i get a black screen. I can even get to the boot screen where you have the options to load the custom firmware, the normal switch and options but when i try to load the cfw i get a black scree, I can load the normal switch tho.

I followed step by step of this tutorial: https://team-xecuter.com/community/...ine-nintendo-switch-with-choidujournx.134247/ , except for the part where it says upadate with the exfat, I prefer fat32 for being more stable.

i've already tried a lot of things but nothing worked, like trying to remove the license file and see if it works, nothing

So... can someone please help me with that? i'm really annoyed by the fact that a lot of games are unplayable in this version...
Sometime emunand will corrupt(good reason for backup) boot to SXOSboot menu by holding VOL+ thru entire boot. Then rebuild you Emunand