Black screen booting into Emunand

michaelclaw

Noob Account
Feb 9, 2020
USA
Hello!

I've been using SX OS for a week now with no problems. I ordered a new 256gb microsd and began to have problems. First my microsd is formatted to fat32, i'm running the 2.9.3 beta boot.dat. I created a new emunand and activated the software with the license but when i boot into the emunand it just hangs on the Nintendo Switch logo and when i press the power button it just resets into ofw (album doesn't open homebrew or sx menu). I've tried a few methods on the forum to fix it but i'm stumped now. (methods: copy emunand to computer, wipe emunand, boot into cfw emunand off, copy emunand to sd card and boot.)(backup boot01 & boot0 and replace emunand files)

I can boot into cfw with emunand off but that's running cfw on my sysnand if i'm understanding that correctly and i don't wanna get banned. If someone could help that would be greatly appreciated.
Just to add too, i'm able to run the cfw on my other 64gb sd card thats on exFat. Problems started occuring when i got my new sd card. I'm hoping it's not the new card :confused:

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark

ducky1549

Noob Account
Feb 24, 2020
england
I'm having Same issue black screen when booting to emunand, but works great when emunand is disabled, everything works on my SanDisk 512gb card but emunand just will not work no matter what I try, I've have formatted as exfat and fat32 multiple times and done emunand as partition and sd files even tried reinstalling clean backup but nothing is working.

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
I'm having Same issue black screen when booting to emunand, but works great when emunand is disabled, everything works on my SanDisk 512gb card but emunand just will not work no matter what I try, I've have formatted as exfat and fat32 multiple times and done emunand as partition and sd files even tried reinstalling clean backup but nothing is working.
Please check your SD with h2testw
Alot of fake card out there

simalexander

May 2, 2019
West Vancouver
I updated to 9.2.0 and updated SXOS BETA to 2.9.4 and when I boot into emunand the Nintendo logo appears but after that I get a black screen why is that? Could someone please explain to me why this happening?

Hardkoar

Noob Account
Mar 6, 2020
germany
Same here, black screen after I select to boot from CFW. I can access the original fw, i can access the SX OS Menu, but the moment i boot with CFW its black screen.

I've tried to format into FAT32, re-installing everything, also following that video posted above (with SX OS being the only difference instead of the RMC loader dongle he uses) and it did not help.

Anyone found a solution?

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
Try redownloading the latest SXOS 2.9.4 and try again

TBh i don't know what happening with this error, i have now updated mine like this since i made emunand on OFW 6.1.0 and i have never ran into any black screen

calarez

Noob Account
Sep 29, 2018
I also have the same problem... I was on SXOS 9.2.3 with sysnand and emunand in 9.1 without problem.
I've updated my sysnand to 9.2.0 and SXOS 9.2.4... The switch boots and after the Nintendo logo I get a black screen.

Using other CFW the switch boots normally to the emunand... I updated the emunand to 9.2 and still black screen with SXOS 9.2.4 beta but with other CWF emunand works fine!!!

Any ideas?