Black screen on boot

TechMonkey22

Noob Account
Aug 21, 2020
New York
Hi guys, need some help.

Trying to boot into sx os boot menu but getting blackscreen immediately. Regular boot works fine.
On my Sandisk Fat32 sd card I have: boot.dat, sxdumper, and my license files.

My process:
Plugged to PC -> power+vol -> Tegra says RCM green -> inject payload.bin -> blackscreen

My OFW is at 10.1 but I'm trying with the 3.0.4 beta that said it should work for it.

Thanks

chris2122

DrunkenMonk
VIP+ Member
Mar 11, 2011
United Kingdom
Hi guys, need some help.

Trying to boot into sx os boot menu but getting blackscreen immediately. Regular boot works fine.
On my Sandisk Fat32 sd card I have: boot.dat, sxdumper, and my license files.

My process:
Plugged to PC -> power+vol -> Tegra says RCM green -> inject payload.bin -> blackscreen

My OFW is at 10.1 but I'm trying with the 3.0.4 beta that said it should work for it.

Thanks
First question: is your switch patched?
If yes, you need to install a chip and RCM mode is NOT exploitable on your system. You can check if your switch is patched at https://team-xecuter.com/switchid/

If your switch isn't patched, then;

When you say inject payload.bin are you injecting SXLoader? (https://sx.xecuter.com/download/payload.bin) and if yes do you ever see the sx bootloader screen at any point or does it just boot immediately into a black screen? black screen after injecting SXLoader (even without SD card) should show the bootloader loading screen. There's also a chance you didn't correctly install the driver for usb I guess.

TechMonkey22

Noob Account
Aug 21, 2020
New York
I'm thinking my switch might be patched.

According to the serial, it's in the maybe category. I tried going through the cmd guide to get confirmation but I wasn't able to do the correct directory commands.

Yes, the link you sent is the payload.bin I'm using, and I have not seen the sx bootloader screen come up at all. Just a completely black screen unless I use the OFW.

I tried uninstalling the apx driver and reinstalling in tegra, but no change.

So what are my options? Or do I have any options? I'm mainly looking for homebrew use of the switch.

Thanks for the info btw

TechMonkey22

Noob Account
Aug 21, 2020
New York
First question: is your switch patched?
If yes, you need to install a chip and RCM mode is NOT exploitable on your system. You can check if your switch is patched at https://team-xecuter.com/switchid/

If your switch isn't patched, then;

When you say inject payload.bin are you injecting SXLoader? (https://sx.xecuter.com/download/payload.bin) and if yes do you ever see the sx bootloader screen at any point or does it just boot immediately into a black screen? black screen after injecting SXLoader (even without SD card) should show the bootloader loading screen. There's also a chance you didn't correctly install the driver for usb I guess.
My bad, should've replied directly. So do I have options?

Whisper1982

Noob Account
Sep 17, 2019
Canada
I have the same problem. But me after the sx loader splash screen everything got black. Try to force poweroff but open all the time in rcm mode.

chris2122

DrunkenMonk
VIP+ Member
Mar 11, 2011
United Kingdom
I'm thinking my switch might be patched.

According to the serial, it's in the maybe category. I tried going through the cmd guide to get confirmation but I wasn't able to do the correct directory commands.

Yes, the link you sent is the payload.bin I'm using, and I have not seen the sx bootloader screen come up at all. Just a completely black screen unless I use the OFW.

I tried uninstalling the apx driver and reinstalling in tegra, but no change.

So what are my options? Or do I have any options? I'm mainly looking for homebrew use of the switch.

Thanks for the info btw
If your switch is in the "maybe" and you don't see the SX bootloader screen after injecting the payload, your switch is patched and you will need an SX Core installed
I have the same problem. But me after the sx loader splash screen everything got black. Try to force poweroff but open all the time in rcm mode.
Is your SD card formatted FAT32? That's usually the culprit. Alternatively make sure you're using the latest SX OS 3.0.4 beta if you're on version lower than 10.2.0 (10.2.0 is currently unsupported as of writing)