blackscreen after sxos beta v3.0.5 update

Niaboc

Noob Account
Mar 20, 2020
Australia
updated to sxos beta v3.0.5 and after a hard shutdown i couldnt get the switch to turn back on. so i manually put sxos2.9.2 back on the sd card and now i can get it to turn on to the sxos screen asking if i want to load CFW, original firmware or options. If i go to CFW it just blackscreens.

Now, i'm happy to format and start over if needed but is there a way to backup and keep my save files before i do that?

emlynj3

Noob Account
Sep 19, 2020
England
Hi, mines doing the same, since I updated to sxos beta 3.0.5, the SX logo shows, then it goes blank.

Although i've found that if i format the micro sd to fat32, its boots ok, it just wont boot in exFat.

Any help would be appreciated.

H0MBRE

Dec 25, 2018
updated to sxos beta v3.0.5 and after a hard shutdown i couldnt get the switch to turn back on. so i manually put sxos2.9.2 back on the sd card and now i can get it to turn on to the sxos screen asking if i want to load CFW, original firmware or options. If i go to CFW it just blackscreens.

Now, i'm happy to format and start over if needed but is there a way to backup and keep my save files before i do that?
I Had this problem twice. I am starting to think my Dongle is not working properly. I did it by the PC payload method and it worked out.

djyoyo

Sep 26, 2019
San Diego
Same issue here. Switch only loads with sx os 2.9.2 via recovery mode, but not on v3.0.5. However, I cant load via CFW or original fw. This is the first time I upgrade since FW 8.0.X.