ANSWERED Blaster 360 NE with Lite-on 74850C

blewskrin

Dec 14, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
I was trying to use search here for the information but I could not sum it up to get the answer.

Before buying Blaster, I did not open the case to see which of the drives I have, which could've been a huge mistake.

I have installed the Blaster already and it works in the 360 mode as expected but I haven't tried any flashing yet.

After I received the blaster and opened the case to install it, I realized ("lucky" me) that I have Lite-on 74850C.

So, my question is whether I will be able to use Blaster 360 NE with Lite-on 74850C or not?

There are several topics that deal with CK3 edition of Blaster that has USB port and Probe, and my NE does not have them.

Thanks for the help.

blewskrin

Dec 14, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Doing some more research, I have the next question:

Considering that my Lite-On drive is from September 2008,

Philips & Lite-on Digital Solutions Corporation

Model No. DG-16D2S
Manufactured: September, 2008
HW Ver: A0A1
FW Ver: 74850C
and information about Xecuter Blaster CK3 says:

You need to install the Xecuter LT Switch to get the key from the NEWER Liteon 83850C and 93450C. August 2009+ (The pre August 2009 Liteon 83850C DVD key can be extracted using SATA – the USB / Serial is NOT required.)
does it mean that my September 2008 drive will actually work alright with Blaster 360 NE, and I do not need to replace my NE with CK3 + Probe 2?

Thanks.

tony1160

VIP Member
Aug 7, 2004
uk
it's fine mate, as your liteon 74850c wont change into a newer model...

and this post is in wrong place as its not firmware your asking about--- an you have posted in other forum ref: this

Xecuter

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 6, 2002
Asia
team-xecuter.com
Blaster 360 NE is a very old model and does not include serial support for Liteons.

We haven't made that for over 2 years so i have no idea where you would buy that from ?

You need to use the Blaster CK3 - it comes with a free CK3 probe for your drive.

blewskrin

Dec 14, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Last edited:

blewskrin

Dec 14, 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Yep, I figured that out.

I will not be able to return it to the seller but he gave me 20% discount on the new order of CK3. So, I will try to sell NE on eBay specifying extra details about which drives it will work with.

idunnolol

Noob Account
Dec 1, 2010
damn... i noticed i also ordered the blaster 360 Next edition CK3. but it has the same pic as the normal blaster ck3 :mad:.

so, what's the difference between Blaster 360 NE, Blaster 360 NE CK3 ?
can i flash my liteon with it? the probe is also included.

and sorry for posting here.
didn't want to open a new thread.

Last edited:

jfelding

VIP Member
Feb 9, 2010
Denmark
damn... i noticed i also ordered the blaster 360 Next edition CK3. but it has the same pic as the normal blaster ck3 :mad:.

so, what's the difference between Blaster 360 NE, Blaster 360 NE CK3 ?
can i flash my liteon with it? the probe is also included.

and sorry for posting here.
didn't want to open a new thread.
Well you should start a new thread. Or at least read this one..

Xecuter said:
stay clear of the NE if you have a Liteon drive (it will work ok with Hitachi, Samsung and Benq)