LITEON 93450 Blaster 360, will it work with 93450c Drive

briantho

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2012
Somewhere in the Universe
Hello,
So I just ordered my blaster 360 2 days ago. After I took apart my 360 I realized that I had a Liteon 93450C drive. Whoops. After reading the installation manual, I then realized that it says in bold letters down at the bottom
Warning

DO NOT connect the USB cable if you don't have a Liteon 74850C DVD drive and DO NOT use the Blaster CK3 Probe on a Liteon 83850C or 93450C DVD Drive – you may cause damage to your Xbox Drive and Blaster CK3.
So, I have a 93450c drive. Is there any way I can use it with the blaster 360?
I also realized that I needed a ck3 probe to get the key off, so I ordered one of those as well. I also ordered the ck3 mini power supply thing. After reading the jungle flasher guide several times I think I understand the process, of how to extract my key with the probe and the ck3 mini.
I just wanted to know why the blaster 360 is not compatible with my Lite on 93450c Drive. In other words, did I screw up and should I return it.
If there is a way this will work, please let me know.
Also does the blaster ck3 somehow fool the 360 into thinking that the drive is there when it is in flashing mode? I just wanted to ask that too, because I read somewhere in the forums that the 360 logs it when it detects the drive is not there.

Thank You.

briantho

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2012
Ok, so My Blaster 360 ck3 came yesterday, and still the question remains. I need to know if the blaster ck3 is compatible with my lite on dg-16d2s-09c drive. The firmware on it is 93450c and since I have the latest dashboard update on my xbox, it should now have firmware 02510C. The question I have is still will it work? In the manual found here, Down at the bottom it says
DO NOT connect the USB cable if you don't have a Liteon 74850C DVD drive and DO NOT use the Blaster CK3 Probe on a Liteon 83850C or 93450C DVD Drive – you may cause damage to your Xbox Drive and Blaster CK3.
Since my drive is/was a 93450C does this still apply? Or is there something I am missing, and it actually will work?
Thank you.

x4skill

Jul 11, 2011
Denver, CO
Yeah, it will still work, you just can't use the probe that comes with the blaster ck3 to get your drive key. Get your your drive key with the new probe you ordered seperately, then hook up the blaster ck3 as normal and you should be good to go.

You only need to probe your drive once as long as you keep your dummy.bin.

Reactions: briantho

grimoteph

Noob Account
Jul 13, 2010
USA
Your probe that came with the ck3 blaster will work but you need to put a switch on the 3.3v line

it will look like this

Link To Image

just make sure your on the 3.3v
hi reefz3ro, would you be kind enough to explain how to modify that certain ck3 blaster probe? Maybe, diagram it or photo the process for a visual learner? I would really appreciate it.:smile:

Vinneh

VIP Member
Apr 21, 2011
Texas, USA
hi reefz3ro, would you be kind enough to explain how to modify that certain ck3 blaster probe? Maybe, diagram it or photo the process for a visual learner? I would really appreciate it.:smile:
Simply add a switch to the 3.3v line of the power connection(6) between the Ck3 mini/lite/pro/i and xbox dvd drive.

Reactions: grimoteph

reefz3ro

VIP Member
May 30, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
What Vinneh posted is all it is any electronic switch will do and just look at the photo he posted compare it to your dvd power cable.

Find number 6 wire(as the photo shows)on your dvd power cable cut it add switch and done.

pretty straight forward and easy then just follow pmt method in JF (providing your drive is 02510c) and your done

Reactions: grimoteph

grimoteph

Noob Account
Jul 13, 2010
USA
Thanks Vinneh and reefz3ro. PMT is the method i was interested in and this helped a lot. I just realized i had Probe II dusting out somewhere and for it should be the same method yes?

briantho

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2012
Yeah, it will still work, you just can't use the probe that comes with the blaster ck3 to get your drive key. Get your your drive key with the new probe you ordered seperately, then hook up the blaster ck3 as normal and you should be good to go.
Thank you x4Skill, that makes sense. I kind of expected that is what I should do, however I was not sure so that is why I asked.

Your probe that came with the ck3 blaster will work but you need to put a switch on the 3.3v line

it will look like this
Wait, so I am a bit confused, since I have the ck3 probe 3, does what your saying still apply. Do I need to put a switch on it? Just so you know I have the probe that came with the blaster ck3, a ck3 mini power adapter, and a ck3 probe 3. From my understanding don't I just use the ck3 probe 3 and the ck3 mini power supply to extract my key. As from this guide, It doesn't look like I need to modify anything with a switch.
Are you simply saying that if I wanted to use the probe that came with the blaster ck3, then I would need to do this switch trick? Can't I just use my ck3 probe 3 that i ordered separately and the ck3 mini to get the key like in this guide?

reefz3ro

VIP Member
May 30, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Yes i was saying about modding the blaster ck3 to work.

if you have a probe3 and ck3mini that would work

both will work providing you have a compatible sata chipset /or x360usbpro

briantho

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2012
Allright I got it. Thanks. I just have 2 more questions.

1. How does the blaster ck3 technically work? I ask this because from my understanding the xbox 360 logs when the DVD Drive is not connected. So, if I switch it to flashing mode, the drive is connected to the pc not the xbox. When I power the xbox on, does it detect that the drive is not there because it is being used by the PC? Or does the blaster ck3 somehow trick the xbox into thinking that the drive is still there, when the drive is really connected to the computer. I wanted to ask this because I wanted to make sure that when I flash the drive the xbox doesn't log it as not there.

2nd question:
Can I in any way use an esata port on my laptop to flash the xbox once the blaster ck3 is installed. This would be much easier for me, rather than connecting it to a different computer.

reefz3ro

VIP Member
May 30, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
1.) I Think that the xbox acts like the drive is connected but i dont know that for sure.

2.) dont know about the esata as i dont have a sata to esata cable but if you have one id say try it and see if it works.

sorry i could not be more help.

WNYConsoles

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
1. The XBOX Powers the Blaster while plugged in but not powered on so when you flip the switche(s) it supplies the correct power to the DVD drive however because the XBOX is not powered on there is no way to get a flag for disconnected DVD.

2. I don't believe so, you need a X360USB. Just buy it, will save you many hours of headache otherwise.

BTW all Lite-Ons are now 0251 Firmware since 13146 Dash update several months ago and compatible with the Blaster. The only problem you will have is that you will need to probe the Lite-On the first time to get the DVD. So along with the blaster you will need to CK3 Probe. Once probed and you have the DVD key you can flash it using the blaster without opening the XBOX.

briantho

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2012
Umm, Guys I may have a problem...
Let me say first that I was able to get my drive key, and install my blaster ck3 a few days ago. Now, I just powered on my 360, and when I put an original disc in my Drive, nothing happened. I tried flashing back to stock, didn't work. I tried checking my drive key, it looked fine. Then I decided to take apart the 360 again, and well... after I took it apart I found out that the sata connector on the motherboard was disconnected. That is why I saw my drive in jungle flasher and why the xbox wouldn't read any discs. Well, it works now, however I am concerned about the disconnected sata flag. I powered my xbox on several times trying to figure out what was going on and with the sata on the motherboard disconnected. I am concerned now that I will get banned or my xbox will stop working, because I had my sata disconnected with the xbox powered on. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this flag or keep Microsoft from knowing about it? Thank You, and please help.

briantho

Noob Account
Jan 9, 2012
stop being such a worrywart and play your games
Ok, I was just concerned is all. I just wanted to check. At first when I couldn't read the Originals, I was concerned that I had a bad dvd key, so I was kind of panicked till I found out the sata cable was unplugged.
That is why I was a little nervous.

Anyway though, It should not result in a ban correct?
Thanks