Boot CFW SX OS 50% of success rate...

Maraccio

Aug 22, 2019
Italy
Hi all,
due to lot of crash at CFW boot (about 50% of time), i have tested a new clean SD with only license.dat, boot.dat and a empty sx folder, i have start the SX payload, option and create a emuNAND.

I have this situation :
SX OS 2.8 (with correct license.dat)
SX Loader 1.0
sysNand with OFW 8.1.0
emuNAND with CFW 8.1.0
SD 128 GB Samsung Evo plus eFAT formatted

With this new config (pratically empty), i have the same problem :
Boot Procedure
-Jig inserted
-Vol+ / Power On
-Inject (with TegraRcmGui or Sx Tool 1.1 or Dongle)
-Black screen (about 3 seconds)
-SX Logo (about 3-4 seconds)
-Black screen (about 6-7 seconds)
-Nintendo logo (about 3 seconds)
-Black screen (about 5 seconds)
-Nintendo Switch logo (about 7 seconds) 50% of time the switch crash at this point and freeze.

I made several tests and i have found that when i force power off by pressing 12 second power off than the switch boot correctly with the procedure but if i do a normal power off by pressing some second Power off and i choice in the menu switch off, when i power on with the procedure the switch freeze at Nintendo Switch Logo.

Is it normal?

Thanks for help

Maraccio

Aug 22, 2019
Italy
Hi all,
does anyone have the same problem ?
If anyone has the same configuration and all works well, could you please tell me how many seconds it takes to start nintendo switch since they press PowerOn and the dashboard home screen appears ?
I try to understand if I made something wrong but apparently nobody has the same configuration as me.

qas800

Noob Account
Nov 10, 2018
Yes, i have the same issue like this with same confirguration
SX OS 2.8 (with correct license.dat)
sysNand with OFW 8.1.0
emuNAND with CFW 8.1.0
I have to force power off by pressing 12 second to reboot to SX OS

Maraccio

Aug 22, 2019
Italy
After long time spend to solve it and due to Switch error (with crash) using homebrew, i have decide to format the sd in fat32 and reinstall all, the read/write speed of sd is a little bit slow (compare to exFAT) and boot rate success is a little better but sometimes still crash at boot.
I have try to ask for an help in different forum but noone reply.

jacksonb

Noob Account
Sep 20, 2019
NA
I am having a 100% crash rate now when booting to customer firmware on emunand. The switch will freeze and I can't use the dongle to even turn the switch on at all.

I have to plug in the power, load up official firmware first.

I have tried formatting my sd card, and everything.

Something bad is going on lot more people reporting similar things.

Maraccio

Aug 22, 2019
Italy
This morning i have reboot after crash under retroarch (with sd fat32 formatted), 6 time of 6 i had a crash, i have check the sd integrity by pc and there are no erors, i'm thinking to give up the emuNAND and get dirty the switch (hoping that at least this works)

Last edited:

Spacerat

Jan 28, 2019
Germany
This morning i have reboot after crash under retroarch (with sd fat32 formatted), 6 time of 6 i had a crash, i have check the sd integrity by pc and there are no erors, i'm thinking to give up the emuNAND and get dirty the switch (hoping that at least this works)
Do you have emunand on hidden partition or as files?

Maraccio

Aug 22, 2019
Italy
No, i have emuNAND stored in sxos folder as files but in this we i will try this option too... and i will prepare a new sd with emunand stored on a hidden partition

Spacerat

Jan 28, 2019
Germany
No, i have emuNAND stored in sxos folder as files but in this we i will try this option too... and i will prepare a new sd with emunand stored on a hidden partition
I think, this is the better option. Since the emunand (in a hidden partition as raw nand) is not (or less) affected by corruption of the SD card.