Booting with the SX Pro Dongle

simalexander

May 2, 2019
West Vancouver
I am using the SX Pro Dongle to boot into CFW. My question is Can you still inject payloads into your Switch using the software on your computer if you are using the Dongle to boot into CFW. I am asking because I can’t with my Switch and I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same problem as I am

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Using the dongle does not affect being able to use tegraRCMgui to push payloads. Something is wrong with the payload you are trying to push from the computer, something with your cable or something with the software.

Did you install the driver after you installed tegraRCMgui?

simalexander

May 2, 2019
West Vancouver
Yes I did and I am using the cable that comes with the Switch Pro Controller and I am using the portable version of Tegra. I am using the latest version of the payloads. I have asked this question everywhere and no one else can figure out why. I am thinking it must be my Switch because everything is working fine except for my Switch responding to the payloads I am injecting into it. Do you think that it is worth it to get another Switch that can be hacked if it is the Switch?

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Sorry, I'm confused now. Does it work if you use the dongle to inject the payload? If it works with the dongle, than it's not the Switch. It is either the app, payload or the cable you are using. Trying installing tegraRCMgui instead of using the portable one and try a different cable.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
You need a USB-A (I believe) to USB-C.

simalexander

May 2, 2019
West Vancouver
Nope I bought a new cable installed Tegra to my computer. and still no luck. I am really starting to believe its my Switch. You said if my Switch works with the dongle then its not my Switch. After buying a new cable and installing Tegra and still have no success what else is there but to try it with another Switch that can be hacked? Unless you have any other ideas I could try.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Did you try the actual install of tegraRCMgui and not the portable one?
Did you try another USB port on your computer?
Did you reinstall the Driver from the tecgraRCMgui settings?
Did you redownload the payload file?

While the dongle uses the boot.dat file and not a payload.bin, it is using the same RCM glitch to push payloads. If the dongle works then something between your computer and Switch is causing the issue. Unless some how tegraRCMgui is using a different pin in the USB-C port than the dongle uses, but I doubt that is the case.

simalexander

May 2, 2019
West Vancouver
Did you try the actual install of tegraRCMgui and not the portable one?
Yes I did

Did you try another USB port on your computer?
Yes I tried all the USB Ports on my computer but no luck

Did you reinstall the Driver from the tecgraRCMgui settings?
Yes I reinstalled the driver from the settings on Tegra

Did you redownload the payload file?
Yes I did downloaded the payload file again and used it to inject it to my Switch but still nothing happened. I should mention that I am using Windows Parallels to connect my Switch to my computer does that make a difference? Got to work using this site on Mac OS https://atlas44.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/web-fusee-launcher/index.html

Last edited:

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
It could I guess. I don't use that for mine. Does the Switch show up in RCM mode in tegraRCM you connect it?

simalexander

May 2, 2019
West Vancouver
It did but because I was using Windows Parallels which prevents it from working for some reason. I found the site I told you about and I was able to inject the SX OS Payload to my computer without any problems.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Glad you got it working. So it sounds like it was something with parallels then?

simalexander

May 2, 2019
West Vancouver
Yes it seems that Tegra and Parallels Windows don't work together for whatever reason. I don't know the reason why. But I am just glad I found a solution to boot into SX OS without using my dongle on my Mac.

Support Our Sponsors