SAMSUNG MS28 bought a replacement samsung ms28 but no dvd key

augie23

Feb 22, 2013
Hello! I'm am not a noob but I'm not an expert either. I have read about 20 threads on this and none are helping. I'm follow the JF tut to the letter. when I get to page 23, I expect to see DVD Key: Verified (because everything else looks right vendor, Name, F/W, etc), but it said "no key".

so I assumed that the drive was previously flashed and I used the Sammy Unlock button. Which seemed to work fine (wrote dumped bin file to HD), except now it shows the key as being 00000000... (32 zeros).

I have it in vendor mode now, and I haven't flashed the drive yet.... seems silly if there isn't a dvd key to write with it.

I decided to test the drive (still in vendor mode????) but I got the 'use xbox 360 disc msg (w/orignal game). I didn't test the drive in the xbox before hitting 'sammy unlock' so I dont know if it came 'broken' or not.

any help would greatly be appreciated!
Thanx, Augie

augie23

Feb 22, 2013
will PMT method work to get the key?

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:40 ----------

Thats my problem!!! I DO NOT HAVE A KEY... never did.

augie23

Feb 22, 2013
IS the DVD key I have from my previous drive (liteon) the DVD key I need? I guess I was thinking the DVDkey was specific to the drive... not the xbox. if thats the case, then yes I have the key. but I can't find the samsung lt3.0 file for manual spoofing

BL4K3Y

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2010
Colne, Lancashire (UK)
IS the DVD key I have from my previous drive (liteon) the DVD key I need? I guess I was thinking the DVDkey was specific to the drive... not the xbox. if thats the case, then yes I have the key. but I can't find the samsung lt3.0 file for manual spoofing
The key stored on your drive is identical to the drive key stored in the NAND's key vault and the two are paired.

You can NOT spoof on a retail console.

augie23

Feb 22, 2013
yes BL4K3Y I read your messages. I dont know what you mean by "retail console". is there a non-retail console?

update: I sucessfully flashed sammylt2.0 and it works for my xgd2 backups. but it says 'diry disc' (or something) for my xgd3 backups. I'm guessing this is because it's LT2.0 and not LT3.0.

so where do I go from here?
I have the latest dash

jsinger47

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
yes BL4K3Y I read your messages. I dont know what you mean by "retail console". is there a non-retail console?

update: I sucessfully flashed sammylt2.0 and it works for my xgd2 backups. but it says 'diry disc' (or something) for my xgd3 backups. I'm guessing this is because it's LT2.0 and not LT3.0.

so where do I go from here?
I have the latest dash
I believe you mean "unsupported disc," which has flagged that console for a ban.

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.

dilly1066

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
yorkshire
Your best bet is to just get antoher liteon drive mate, i think the reason your samsung drive wont work as it doesnt have the security checks like other drives, hence why your xgd3 backups arnt working

augie23

Feb 22, 2013
crap! so if it had a liteon... It should STAY a liteon (in the same xbox)?

so, Im confused (obviously). I have a correctly flashed samsung (lt2.0) mismatched with the original motherboard/xbox? and the result is: it'll only play xgd2 games?
goofy! so if I want to do this right... I ABSOLUTELY need another LITEON drive.... any specific one I should be looking for?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
crap! so if it had a liteon... It should STAY a liteon (in the same xbox)?

so, Im confused (obviously). I have a correctly flashed samsung (lt2.0) mismatched with the original motherboard/xbox? and the result is: it'll only play xgd2 games?
goofy! so if I want to do this right... I ABSOLUTELY need another LITEON drive.... any specific one I should be looking for?
Any Lite-on DG-16D2S will do. Write with either stock or LT3 0251 firmware with your DVD key. Job done.

augie23

Feb 22, 2013
Any Lite-on DG-16D2S will do. Write with either stock or LT3 0251 firmware with your DVD key. Job done.
ok here is my other question. my original Liteon 0251 flashed with lt3.0 wont play my backups, even the xgd2 ones that worked on the samsung.

is it safe to assume that it's a dirty eye on the drive? and is it possible to take the laser/eye unit from the samsung and put it into the Liteon?

or is there something else going on that I am unaware of?

madhaxer

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2012
Arkansas USA
The laser from a samsung won't work in a lite-on, what your missing is reading before asking,? 's.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
ok here is my other question. my original Liteon 0251 flashed with lt3.0 wont play my backups, even the xgd2 ones that worked on the samsung.

is it safe to assume that it's a dirty eye on the drive? and is it possible to take the laser/eye unit from the samsung and put it into the Liteon?

or is there something else going on that I am unaware of?
Won't play? what's the message?