SAMSUNG MS28 bought a replacement samsung ms28 but no dvd key

augie23

Feb 22, 2013
Won't play? what's the message?
says "unrecognized disc"
I have flashed it correctly. but I think drive is going bad (plays original discs ok). hence why I bought the samsung. but I didn't know you couldn't mismatch drives/xboxs.

---------- Post added at 17:27 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

The laser from a samsung won't work in a lite-on, what your missing is reading before asking,? 's.
I have spent the last 6 hours reading (not including all the other times I have studied up on flashing).
feel free to link me to MORE reading material!

augie23

Feb 22, 2013
You're not a noob - you should definitely know this.
well I agree I SHOULD know this... but I must have missed that part in the tutorial.

what I dont get is why it'll play xgd2 games fine... but give me a 'unreadable disc' for xgd3 games.
very misleading!

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

ok I tried 3 other xdg3 games and they all worked!!! I must have some iffy burns

so... tell me again why you can't have a samsung drive inplace of a LITEON drive?

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
well I agree I SHOULD know this... but I must have missed that part in the tutorial.

what I dont get is why it'll play xgd2 games fine... but give me a 'unreadable disc' for xgd3 games.
very misleading!

---------- Post added at 17:37 ---------- Previous post was at 17:33 ----------

ok I tried 3 other xdg3 games and they all worked!!! I must have some iffy burns

so... tell me again why you can't have a samsung drive inplace of a LITEON drive?
So were you checking originals up til now, or did you just decide to bypass that and throw more variables into the mix.

You can't use a Samsung because it doesn't process AP2.5 which your console is looking for.

augie23

Feb 22, 2013
So were you checking originals up til now, or did you just decide to bypass that and throw more variables into the mix.

You can't use a Samsung because it doesn't process AP2.5 which your console is looking for.
ok that makes sense, thanx.
original have worked all along. and out of all the backups I have only the most recent ones on verbatims act up. they start to work... meaning they show the game graphics in the dash, and the intro looks like it's about to start, then it gives me the unrecogized disc error saying I should try cleaning the disc. does this sound like a symptom of missing AP2.5?