HITACHI NON-79 Bricked Hitachi GDR-3120L will not open or react to open button.

misiozol

Jul 2, 2012
Ireland
As sated in title have 2 bricked Hitachi one is 58 other 78 it seems that JF hang and end up with 2 bricks any way to recover with external programmer .

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
As sated in title have 2 bricked Hitachi one is 58 other 78 it seems that JF hang and end up with 2 bricks any way to recover with external programmer .
Yes, remove the tsop from them and put it in the compatible adapter and connect it to the programmer (willem is the one i uses to use).

Dump it, open the dump in JF and creste a stock FW for it and save an encrypted copy. Flash the encrypted copy and solder the tsop back. If i didnt forget anything then youre done now.

Reactions: misiozol

misiozol

Jul 2, 2012
Ireland
Just happens that I have willem , don't know only if I will have clip for it :/ have both both dumps from both drives it crashed while correcting checksums on both

you talk about 39sf020a ?

Last edited:

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
With bit effort might recover with soldering just cables to pins just this will be extreme :D
It's of course a possibility but as you have two to unbrick and the adapter probably is less than $10 from eBay it may be worth getting one?

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Problem is that can't find it for 10$ :D
No I couldn't either, when I got mine it was cheap but I think they make them in gold and diamonds these days :p at least it look like it on the prices.

misiozol

Jul 2, 2012
Ireland
Yeap , that's why trying to solder wires , unless you can give me a hand I will desolder both chips send them to you in post you will drop them in to clip load them with goodies and post them to me any standard post will do as consoles are worth value of peanuts :D that is just idea ;)

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Yeap , that's why trying to solder wires , unless you can give me a hand I will desolder both chips send them to you in post you will drop them in to clip load them with goodies and post them to me any standard post will do as consoles are worth value of peanuts :D that is just idea ;)
That could work too. What's your location?

misiozol

Jul 2, 2012
Ireland
Ireland , I have bought two consoles for 5e with those drives and one had rrod and other had killed laser ,bought them and they meant to be for parts but oh well it seems they work (sort of) , and best part is that the one with rrod had fixed by leaving it with out fan as power supply and it slip my mind to fit fan and it magically went alive :D that was quickest reflow in my life :D , after bringing them to live they meant to gift to my nephew so this will make one kid happy ;)

Last edited:

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Ireland , I have bought two consoles for 5e with those drives and one had rrod and other had killed laser ,bought them and they meant to be for parts but oh well it seems they work (sort of) , and best part is that the one with rrod had fixed by leaving it with out fan as power supply and it slip my mind to fit fan and it magically went alive :D that was quickest reflow in my life :D , after bringing them to live they meant to gift to my nephew so this will make one kid happy ;)
well, check the shipping rates then. if its to expensive i could take the whole boards so i can make sure they are working after my fix, was a few years since i did this the last time ;)