Bug Reports / Suggestions - J-Runner ver 3 build (5)

BraveH43

VIP Member
Sep 13, 2008
Somewhere in the 'verse
To try to maintain a single sensible thread, Please use this one to report any bugs within the latest current version 3 (Build 4)

This is not to be used for those who are just struggling to get their botched wiring or misunderstanding of the process answered - if you have those issues please open your own thread!

This thread is to be used to report an actual bug! or make sensible suggestions for the current build.

Upon release of new version this thread will be closed and another made in its place.

Some Items suggested in last thread have not yet been implemented - if they were validated by author in that thread please feel free to add them again here (so they don't get forgotten about) :facepalm:

Please take time to familiarize yourself with the new features and working of Ver 3 - The Userguide has been updated to reflect these.
some major changes have been made within, J-Runner as well as XeBuild, Xell, Dashlaunch. So Bugs may well be likely

Already Xell is known to have issues with Hitachi Drives............ :frown:

Reactions: hgygym12

Feuerbard

Noob Account
Aug 30, 2012
Re: Bug Reports / Suggestions - J-Runner ver 3 build (4)

create an image without nanddump - red light after flash (smc and other files is ok ) , patch serial in nand - red light after flash

beta 1 and 290 - all ok (trinity , dash 16537 , glitch v2)

Last edited:

PeteZR1

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Spain

Updated crash when updating from Beta (3) to Beta (4):

updaterlog.txt

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at updater.Program.Main(String[] args)E:\Backup-Xbox360\RGH\J-Runner v03\JRunner.exe

When trying to run JRunner.exe (12 KB app only - strange), popup shows us "this is not a Win32 valid program".

Using WinXP 32bit.

BraveH43

VIP Member
Sep 13, 2008
Somewhere in the 'verse

Updated crash when updating from Beta (3) to Beta (4):

updaterlog.txt

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at updater.Program.Main(String[] args)E:\Backup-Xbox360\RGH\J-Runner v03\JRunner.exe

When trying to run JRunner.exe (12 KB app only - strange), popup shows us "this is not a Win32 valid program".

Using WinXP 32bit.
delete the file and re-download the app

chronic1553

VIP Member
Jun 5, 2010
USA

I have a suggestion, dunno if its ever been suggested before.

anyways I was thinking it'd be a cool idea to make it so it saves the log file for the particular nand your working on in the folder with the nand dumps (once its created). Just thought of it since its required in the template.

PeteZR1

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Spain

delete the file and re-download the app
I downloaded the app from scratch, updated again and the issue this time didn't happen.

bigassblazer

Jan 31, 2010
Nebraska

jrunner update install fails over and over ...i have deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times never finishes updating. i have a jrunner_new.exe file now and still my old version as well ..... i can still use my old version but the new one crashes after about 20 seconds ....i have included the log file for the issues involved at the end of the post . i have repaired my NET install hoping that would fix it with no success

===================================================
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 6:39:25 PM

J-Runner v0.3 Beta (2) Started

Version v0.3 Beta (4) is available for download.
Checking Files
Downloading...
Could not find a part of the path.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 7:07:30 PM

J-Runner v0.3 Beta (4) Started

Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:06:04 PM

Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:06:33 PM

Thursday, December 12, 2013 8:07:13 PM

Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:41:29 PM

Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:41:47 PM

Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:42:23 PM

Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:42:43 PM

Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:50:04 PM

Saturday, December 14, 2013 10:50:20 PM

Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:00:07 PM

J-Runner v0.2 Beta (289) Started

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Downloading...

Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:00:56 PM

Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:03:43 PM

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files

Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:05:41 PM

Checking Files
Finished Checking Files
Downloading...

Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:05:52 PM

Saturday, December 14, 2013 11:07:24 PM

Here is the Crash information from Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: jrunner.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.3.4.1
Problem Signature 03: 52a2f420
Problem Signature 04: System.Management
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4ba1e140
Problem Signature 07: 24e
Problem Signature 08: 10f
Problem Signature 09: PSZQOADHX1U5ZAHBHOHGHLDGIY4QIXHX
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Last edited:

x1a0_0

Nov 20, 2013
Re: J-Runner - The Ultimate JTAG/RGH App *LATEST DOWNLOAD HERE*

I think I can confirm there is a problem in the latest version (Version 3 Build 4)

I just got my DemoN and tested it in PC mode. When it compares nand dumped from DemoN it crashes. Error Log shows something about Null Pointer Exception. I tried in win 8 and winxp (in vbox) - both have latest .Net Framework installed.

Then I tried with Version 3 Build 1 - which is what got from downloading link and it works well.

Thanks for awesome work anyway!

cozmo0069

Mar 9, 2010
uk
Re: J-Runner - The Ultimate JTAG/RGH App *LATEST DOWNLOAD HERE*

as said in another thread it would be cool if j runner can show the crc value for files in the su file so that we can use them to make a _retail.ini for the newer dash without having to wait for j runner to be updated just to make a retail dash. Or if possible to even make a _retail.ini file for you from a su files extracted from the $sytem update from m$. Would help people like me loads because when i update my dual boot retail side from m$ everything works fine but i lose the use of my dvd rom "unreadable disc error" and the only way i have found around it is to download the updated nand from my xbox and then use it to make the same retail nand in j runner. Then flash back the new created nand to my xbox and all is good again rom works

thanks

cozmo

Last edited:

bigassblazer

Jan 31, 2010
Nebraska

i am still having problems with this have not been able to update to newest jrunner

here is what the updater log is telling me

at updater.Program.Main(String[] args)C:\Users\bdf\Desktop\XBOX360\J-Runner v01 Beta (283)\JRunner.exe

bruno_rv

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Croatia

Suddenly i cannot run Jrunner. I click on it,it starts and closes in process manager. Started today. And new info about that? Tried Win xp,Win7 32 and 64bit

EDIT: Nevermind,it started after 3-4 reboots

muffpotter

Sep 21, 2005

Hi,

i'm not sure if this is usually the case but when I read the stock nand with J-Runner, which is a Jasper 512/BB, it had in all four dumps a bad ECC in the KV block 0x1.
All 32 pages had the wrong blocknumber 0xff instead of 0x1 and also missing the 0xff at offset 5, so yes the block was indeed invalid.
J-Runner compared all four images and found them equal, so I was sure everything went well and created and flashed the xell image.

Long story short:
Because of the wrong ECC in the stock nand's KV, J-Runner was complaining about an invalid block 0x1 and tried to remap it to 0x3ff.
After that and when flashing again without prior erasing of the flash J-Runner then complained about two invalid blocks at 0x1 and 0x3ff and it remapped 0x3ff to 0x3fe.
After that J-Runner would crash whichever function I used.

My suggestion is now:
Is it much hassle to calculate/correct the ECC of the imported KV when creating/flashing the xell-reloaded?
Another course of action would be to just inform the user about the wrong ECC and make J-Runner to not treat it as invalid block and also not remap it of course since that would be pointless because the same bad block would then show in the remapping area of the flash and so on.
Also I think that is the difference between an invalid and a bad block which should be treated differently.
It doesn't help to remap an invalid block unless you check/recalculate the ECC and also fix a wrong block number, in short doing a consistency check.

Thank you.

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

Hi,

i'm not sure if this is usually the case but when I read the stock nand with J-Runner, which is a Jasper 512/BB, it had in all four dumps a bad ECC in the KV block 0x1.
All 32 pages had the wrong blocknumber 0xff instead of 0x1 and also missing the 0xff at offset 5, so yes the block was indeed invalid.
J-Runner compared all four images and found them equal, so I was sure everything went well and created and flashed the xell image.

Long story short:
Because of the wrong ECC in the stock nand's KV, J-Runner was complaining about an invalid block 0x1 and tried to remap it to 0x3ff.
After that and when flashing again without prior erasing of the flash J-Runner then complained about two invalid blocks at 0x1 and 0x3ff and it remapped 0x3ff to 0x3fe.
After that J-Runner would crash whichever function I used.

My suggestion is now:
Is it much hassle to calculate/correct the ECC of the imported KV when creating/flashing the xell-reloaded?
Another course of action would be to just inform the user about the wrong ECC and make J-Runner to not treat it as invalid block and also not remap it of course since that would be pointless because the same bad block would then show in the remapping area of the flash and so on.
Also I think that is the difference between an invalid and a bad block which should be treated differently.
It doesn't help to remap an invalid block unless you check/recalculate the ECC and also fix a wrong block number, in short doing a consistency check.

Thank you.
Can you upload your NAND dump please (and PM me the link)?

xecqtor

Noob Account
Jul 4, 2013

Suggestion for next jRunner :

- update RGX/ ECC to the newest Xell, which has Rawflash integrated and corona support
- put other chip diagrams like X360run also

xecqtor

Noob Account
Jul 4, 2013

so that other chip user also gets into jRunner :p

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

Suggestion for next jRunner :

- update RGX/ ECC to the newest Xell, which has Rawflash integrated and corona support
- put other chip diagrams like X360run also
RGX already has Xell 0.993, which has full support for Corona. That was done months ago. Rawflash still won't work with Corona 4gb consoles.

xecqtor

Noob Account
Jul 4, 2013

ah ok, i know jrunner has already xell 0.993
but when i create with new version ECC and flash it, it still has the green xell 0.992
if it would be the new one, it would be blue with integrated rawflash, still no reason to not update this
i just dont feel good in copying rawflash again, it makes the work slimmer (maybe not for corona) but also have bugfixes

and yes, im using the newest ver3
i think you can do it fast with an update, you have that function

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com

ah ok, i know jrunner has already xell 0.993
but when i create with new version ECC and flash it, it still has the green xell 0.992
if it would be the new one, it would be blue with integrated rawflash, still no reason to not update this
i just dont feel good in copying rawflash again, it makes the work slimmer (maybe not for corona) but also have bugfixes

and yes, im using the newest ver3
i think you can do it fast with an update, you have that function
It sounds like you're having an issue with J-Runner. Maybe start a thread with logs from the App?