Burned fuses, what does it mean?

Zetsu

Sep 7, 2019
Masterdam
My worries are people are talking about burned fuses. But should I worry the way I use it?

Will it one day ever burn my entire console.
Or am I getting the wrong idea of burned fuses. Or are these burned fuses for the people that downgrade and do crazy software work?

I’m currently on 10.0.1 and I have been doing the following ever since fw 6 before it got

I dont leave my switch on sleep mode because I dont use it on a daily base. I had also in the past a fake sd card from Ali express. I had to shut it off like 10 times a day. Still working like a charm.

• I have never did a nand backup.
Never needed it, never downgraded my console.

• Is it too late too do one and if I do can I use my sdcard with all the games etc on the sdcard or should I use a different SDcard?

• Also I never used a windows/computer tool too update my switch. I used the update function from the switch self. Every update so far has been done with the original custom firmware. Btw my Switch is banned.

• So choidujeur or hakete was never used.
    should I use it? If yes, what

• Also never used rcm mode, i had it on for only 1 time. Think thats in the sx os menu when booting in sx os. But why should I?

• Every data that was placed on the sd card. The sd card was connected physically in the switch. So when I was done I had tpo turn it off and back on via jigs+Usb c dongle.

• When booting the cfw, I use sx os dongle, jiggs and the sx os boot license that I purchased.

• Ofc I sometimes boot it into the OCF, by accident or when the batt is completely empty. After that I turn it off and boot it with the dongle and jiggs.
So my friends thank you reading all the way down.
Should I worry, what is your opinion ?

What can I do better to remain a part pf this community 😊

safcalibur

Top Poster Of Month
May 1, 2020
Cambs
This is a good guide that explains most of what you have asked

You’d only need to use choidujournx if you want to upgrade/downgrade your switch manually. Enabling auto rcm ensures that you always boot up into your cfw and avoids the fuse check so you can use choidujournx to move between firmwares. Some people who have been banned and cannot update their switch firmware through Nintendo servers use choidujournx to upgrade their firmware.

As you have been upgrading the fw through Nintendo servers your fuses will be burnt up until the most current fw you are on. You are still able to update your firmware even though you have been banned?

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Firmware 6.2 has 8 burned fuses. So when the system boots, it checks for 8 burned fuses. It will boot normally and won't 'panic'. When the fuse count is different then it would expect, ie when there are 9 or 7 fuses burned, it will panic and refuses to boot. A cfw skips this check. When you upgrade with ChoidujourNX, the switch will not burn any fuses. So you can have fw7 with 8 burned fuses instead of 9. That means you have to boot with cfw (it skips the fuse check), but you can downgrade safe to the fw you have 'officially'

Reactions: safcalibur

safcalibur

Top Poster Of Month
May 1, 2020
Cambs
Firmware 6.2 has 8 burned fuses. So when the system boots, it checks for 8 burned fuses. It will boot normally and won't 'panic'. When the fuse count is different then it would expect, ie when there are 9 or 7 fuses burned, it will panic and refuses to boot. A cfw skips this check. When you upgrade with ChoidujourNX, the switch will not burn any fuses. So you can have fw7 with 8 burned fuses instead of 9. That means you have to boot with cfw (it skips the fuse check), but you can downgrade safe to the fw you have 'officially'
Do you know if you are able to run sysnand firmware higher than emunand firmware?

I have a switch that has officially been updated to 10.0.1 but I would like to create and emunand and use choidujournx to load a lower firmware say 9.2.0 with sxos 2.9.4 as this combo works great on my other switch. Just wondering whether running a higher firmware on my sysnand and lower on emunand will cause any problems?

Thank you :)

Zetsu

Sep 7, 2019
Masterdam
This is a good guide that explains most of what you have asked
Thanks!!!

You’d only need to use choidujournx if you want to upgrade/downgrade your switch manually. Enabling auto rcm ensures that you always boot up into your cfw and avoids the fuse check so you can use choidujournx to move between firmwares. Some people who have been banned and cannot update their switch firmware through Nintendo servers use choidujournx to upgrade their firmware.
Alright, so I have burned fuses.
And everytime I boot into the ocf, it checks for burned fuses and if it doesn’t find any issues, it will boot up in the ocf. So never boot ofw.
Use usb c dongle + jiggs en keep RCM mode on to get cfw.

everyone uses choidujeur to avoid ban and burned fuses, correct?

enable auto RCMmode via options when I boot the sx os boot display right?
Were u see,
  1. boot custom firmware
  2. boot original firmware
  3. options
- keep RCM mode all the time on, when I update firmware via chodujeur?

-will the switch go on when batt is low and needs to be charged via the dock? When rcm mode is on

-is it alright to shutdown your switch instead Of keeping it in sleep mode?

As you have been upgrading the fw through Nintendo servers your fuses will be burnt up until the most current fw you are on. You are still able to update your firmware even though you have been banned?
yes still can update even though is banned

but all these burned fuses and what I have been doing. Shouldn’t my switch be broken my now?

Last edited:

safcalibur

Top Poster Of Month
May 1, 2020
Cambs
Thanks!!!

Alright, so I have burned fuses.
And everytime I boot into the ocf, it checks for burned fuses and if it doesn’t find any issues, it will boot up in the ocf. So never boot ofw.
Use usb c dongle + jiggs en keep RCM mode on to get cfw.

everyone uses choidujeur to avoid ban and burned fuses, correct?

enable auto RCMmode via options when I boot the sx os boot display right?
Were u see,
  1. boot custom firmware
  2. boot original firmware
  3. options
- keep RCM mode all the time on, when I update firmware via chodujeur?

-will the switch go on when batt is low and needs to be charged via the dock? When rcm mode is on

-is it alright to shutdown your switch instead Of keeping it in sleep mode?

yes still can update even though is banned

but all these burned fuses and what I have been doing. Shouldn’t my switch be broken my now?
Hi

Yep you’ve pretty much got it.

One of the advantages of enabling autorcm is that you don’t need the jig to boot your console up just need the dongle.

I keep my autorcm on when updating firmware through choidujournx never had an issue.

Yes you can enable autorcm the way you have described.

I usually keep my switch charged and never let it run out of battery if you have autorcm enabled and the battery dies it can take hours before it charges enough to boot up so I would keep it charged.

Yes it’s fine to shut it down but you will need to use dongle to boot into cfw. I personally keep mine on sleep mode only ever shut it down if I need to update firmware/sxos/add games.

No your switch shouldn’t be broken, burning fuses is perfectly normal and if you never modded your switch I doubt you would even know about burning fuses. This happens every time you update the firmware through official Nintendo servers. It means you can’t downgrade.

Doing it through choidujournx simply keeps your fuses from burning so you can swap between firmwares.

Zetsu

Sep 7, 2019
Masterdam
thank you again for taking yoir time with my topic and investing your time on supporting me with my troubles & questions.

One of the advantages of enabling autorcm is that you don’t need the jig to boot your console up just need the dongle.
Question:
So this isn’t mandatory right?

I keep my autorcm on when updating firmware through choidujournx never had an issue.
✅

Yes you can enable autorcm the way you have described.
✅

I usually keep my switch charged and never let it run out of battery if you have autorcm enabled and the battery dies it can take hours before it charges enough to boot up so I would keep it charged.
✅

Yes it’s fine to shut it down but you will need to use dongle to boot into cfw. I personally keep mine on sleep mode only ever shut it down if I need to update firmware/sxos/add games.

Question:
But it isn’t a big deal right for the console health?

No your switch shouldn’t be broken, burning fuses is perfectly normal and if you never modded your switch I doubt you would even know about burning fuses. This happens every time you update the firmware through official Nintendo servers. It means you can’t downgrade.

Question:
I’m not sure what I should understand what you mean with “modded your switch”.

So far only installed files on my sdcard to play games.

What I do would like too try is:
  • run pc games on my switch
  • Run android so I can use emulators
    both will be tested on a separated sd card

Doing it through choidujournx simply keeps your fuses from burning so you can swap between firmwares.

Question:
So again this is ‘t mandatory right? I only use the update function from my switch (so no choidujeur) when I really know the cfw is compatible with the switch latest version.

I was starting to think these burned fuses story, gave me the idea I got like 2-3 fuses left and after 2-3 switch updates via console in the ofw, will eventually break the console. Thats not the case from what I understand.
Its more for downgrade and extreme modding, correct?

safcalibur

Top Poster Of Month
May 1, 2020
Cambs
thank you again for taking yoir time with my topic and investing your time on supporting me with my troubles & questions.

Question:
So this isn’t mandatory right?

✅

✅

✅

Question:
But it isn’t a big deal right for the console health?

Question:
I’m not sure what I should understand what you mean with “modded your switch”.

So far only installed files on my sdcard to play games.

What I do would like too try is:
  • run pc games on my switch
  • Run android so I can use emulators
    both will be tested on a separated sd card

Question:
So again this is ‘t mandatory right? I only use the update function from my switch (so no choidujeur) when I really know the cfw is compatible with the switch latest version.

I was starting to think these burned fuses story, gave me the idea I got like 2-3 fuses left and after 2-3 switch updates via console in the ofw, will eventually break the console. Thats not the case from what I understand.
Its more for downgrade and extreme modding, correct?
No problem at all, happy to help.

So no autorcm is not mandatory. I use it partly for convenience so that I don’t have to keep using the jig and also partly because if I ever boot up the switch without the jig accidentally then I avoid booting into original firmware and will always boot up into cfw. It’s entirely up to you but no it’s not mandatory.

Keeping switch in sleep mode is not an issue either I have used mine like this for over a year with no problem. I use mainly docked so don’t worry about battery drain and just leave it in sleep mode when I’m finished. If using handheld I keep it on sleep mode when not in use and dock it right after I finished playing.

Modding means putting something like sxos on or atmosphere, essentially enabling your switch to install home brew. For what you need to do I.e run android and play pc games you should be fine.

Haha no worries about the burning fuses thing, like I said it’s a normal thing that happens on every switch when the firmware is updated. The article I linked to explains in more details, it’s got nothing to do with breaking your switch or anything :)

If you want to carry on using Nintendo servers to update then by all means but you may end up with a hard ban at some point and may not be able to even update your switch so may have to use choidujournx at some point anyway. Just be careful not to update the firmware too quickly as it may not work with the most recent sxos.
Always wait for TX to announce that new firmware is compatible with sxos and has been tried and tested before updating or wait for them to announce new sxos version which is fully compatible with the most recent switch firmware.

Good luck :)

Zetsu

Sep 7, 2019
Masterdam
No problem at all, happy to help.

So no autorcm is not mandatory. I use it partly for convenience so that I don’t have to keep using the jig and also partly because if I ever boot up the switch without the jig accidentally then I avoid booting into original firmware and will always boot up into cfw. It’s entirely up to you but no it’s not mandatory.

Keeping switch in sleep mode is not an issue either I have used mine like this for over a year with no problem. I use mainly docked so don’t worry about battery drain and just leave it in sleep mode when I’m finished. If using handheld I keep it on sleep mode when not in use and dock it right after I finished playing.

Modding means putting something like sxos on or atmosphere, essentially enabling your switch to install home brew. For what you need to do I.e run android and play pc games you should be fine.

Haha no worries about the burning fuses thing, like I said it’s a normal thing that happens on every switch when the firmware is updated. The article I linked to explains in more details, it’s got nothing to do with breaking your switch or anything :)

If you want to carry on using Nintendo servers to update then by all means but you may end up with a hard ban at some point and may not be able to even update your switch so may have to use choidujournx at some point anyway. Just be careful not to update the firmware too quickly as it may not work with the most recent sxos.
Always wait for TX to announce that new firmware is compatible with sxos and has been tried and tested before updating or wait for them to announce new sxos version which is fully compatible with the most recent switch firmware.

Good luck :)

My friend thanks again.

So updating via switch option can or might be blocked in the future That will force me eventually use chodujeur. ✅✅✅

I was told “no dont do that you are going to burn your switch and it will stop working. If it was someone from Nintendo I wouldn’t believe him But these guys are also users for sx os 😅
But they were wrong. My still working in ofw and cfw proofs I got nothing to worry.

I will try to do my second update via choidujeur instead. Just to learn how it works and eventually keep using it.

And the reason why I turn it off, when im done playing I stop playing for a week or 2. But if im going to finish a game like botw, yeah I do leave it in sleepmode. Its silly to do all the steps again.

If I have had the wrong idea from what you just readed here, please correct me 😅.

And again for the support and taking away my fears! Stay safe!!

safcalibur

Top Poster Of Month
May 1, 2020
Cambs
My friend thanks again.

So updating via switch option can or might be blocked in the future That will force me eventually use chodujeur. ✅✅✅

I was told “no dont do that you are going to burn your switch and it will stop working. If it was someone from Nintendo I wouldn’t believe him But these guys are also users for sx os 😅
But they were wrong. My still working in ofw and cfw proofs I got nothing to worry.

I will try to do my second update via choidujeur instead. Just to learn how it works and eventually keep using it.

And the reason why I turn it off, when im done playing I stop playing for a week or 2. But if im going to finish a game like botw, yeah I do leave it in sleepmode. Its silly to do all the steps again.

If I have had the wrong idea from what you just readed here, please correct me 😅.

And again for the support and taking away my fears! Stay safe!!
Yep you got it! :)

Just make sure you do a back up of your switch before using choidujournx so that in case anything goes wrong you can restore it. You can do that by selecting nand back up in options when you boot up the switch. Other than that it looks like you’ve understood it.

Stay safe as well mate and just come back if you need any further help!

Best wishes :)