GENERAL BurnerMAX Payload Tool Compatibility

no-name

May 14, 2012
I buy the liteon ihas 124d and has the firmware 8lo5 and as i see is there a newer firmware 8loa.

What do you suggest me to do?
To update it to a newer firmware or not?

I know the payload tool 0.15 support both of these two firmwares but which of theme offer better copy's even at not verbatim dvd+r dl discs?

Solarnotts

Jan 6, 2013
UK, Notts.
TSSTcorp SH-224BB doesn's work. Fails at 49% verifying disc.

Maybe it should be taken off the list or put else were to avoid people buying the drive like I did lol.

west79

Noob Account
May 23, 2010
Hi guys, I'm having a little problem here.

My drive is a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216D 1.09 which is in the compatibility list but it doesn't seem to work.

DVD DL +R detected
BurnerMAX not enabled, YET !
Scanning: D:\ [PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216D1.09]
Scanning failed!
Will try matching for known write only drives..

maybe the compatibility list is not accurate?

I'm not using verbatim discs but platinum but I wonder if that's the problem.

any help would be appreciated, thanks!

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004

My drive is a PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-216D 1.09 which is in the compatibility list but it doesn't seem to work.

DVD DL +R detected
Scanning failed!

My guess, the burner won't work. Maybe the firmware needs updating. Regardless, the drive has not been proven to burn good XGD3 backups. Get an iHAS.

Tapatalk 2 from my HTC Amaze 4G

Last edited:

ShiverTorn

Noob Account
Dec 22, 2012

DVD DL +R detected
Scanning failed!

As i said before this list is not accurate. Your drive can't work becouse it use a NEC MC-10044B chipset and not a MTK.

You can read more drive that CAN'T fisically work here:
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showpost.php?p=714434&postcount=178

And your driver as you can see is included in the list.

jant90

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2010
I'm wondering, I have an iHAS124B drive, so I can flash it with iXtreme Burner Max firmware and easily burn games (not having to use the Payload evety time) or keep the firmware original and use they Payload tool every time.

Is one recommended over the other? In terms of burn success and quality that is?

In the news post there is something about recommended settings differing because stock firmware is used, are the same settings recommended when using Burner Max firmware?
Due to the use of stock firmware and different burner makes and models, any settings the burner has play a more important role.

For iHas burners B, C and D, recommended settings are:

Force Hypertuning – Enabled
Online Hypertung – Disabled
Smartburn – Enabled
Overspeed – Enabled
OPC history – Do not clear

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
I'm wondering, I have an iHAS124B drive, so I can flash it with iXtreme Burner Max firmware and easily burn games (not having to use the Payload evety time) or keep the firmware original and use they Payload tool every time.

Is one recommended over the other? In terms of burn success and quality that is?

In the news post there is something about recommended settings differing because stock firmware is used, are the same settings recommended when using Burner Max firmware?
I have used mine both ways, no difference. Used same settings. I did update the stock firmware prior to burning with the payload tool.

no-name

May 14, 2012
I have liteon ihas 124d

For verbatim dvd+r dl made in Singapore the correct settings is

Optimun power history - never clear
Smart burn - enabled
Online hyper tuning - enabled
Overspeed - disabled
Force hyper tuning - enabled
buffer size - anything i want
opc - enabled and never clear

And for all other verbatim dvd+r dl made in india or taiwan can i use the same settings or is something is change?

And another question is if anyone try to use other discs than verbatim like maxell or traxdata or aone.

A lot of thanks.

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
I have liteon ihas 124d

For verbatim dvd+r dl made in Singapore the correct settings is

Optimun power history - never clear
Smart burn - enabled
Online hyper tuning - enabled
Overspeed - disabled
Force hyper tuning - enabled
buffer size - anything i want
opc - enabled and never clear

And for all other verbatim dvd+r dl made in india or taiwan can i use the same settings or is something is change?

And another question is if anyone try to use other discs than verbatim like maxell or traxdata or aone.

A lot of thanks.
How many times you gonna ask this question.? Media ID MKM001 or MKM003 are only recommended disks. No others will be discussed.

no-name

May 14, 2012
Ok then.

With what writing speed, made in?

Because even the verbatim dvd+r dl made in india has media id mkm003 and mkm001 so can i write at 4x these discs? And if i do with what settings?

I believe overspeed is useless.

Z06_LS7

Noob Account
Dec 18, 2012
Liteon DH24ACSH LP53 - Worked succesfully.

Burns were fully successful but sadly I haven't been able to get good kprobe scores. I will update further when I discover the perfect combination for MKM001s.

no-name

May 14, 2012
Please tell us someone which settings must have for ihas 124d to burn xgd3 games ata verbatim dvd+r dl made in sinapure and made in india.
Thanks.

griinder

Noob Account
Nov 16, 2009
pa
Does it have to be a blank verbatim to know if the drive will work. I am asking because i am out of discs at the moment and my ihasb bit the dust. i inserted a backup xgd3 game and payload tool said enabled on my sony dru v202a and my tsst l632h. does this indicate they will work, or should i order another drive when i order verbatims?