GENERAL BurnerMAX Payload Tool Compatibility

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
I don't have it atm, so I need to find does it compatible or not so I can buy it
Asus DRW-24B1ST is a better option. I have tested this one personally. Works great with the payload tool. Use only MKM003.

Sent from my Asus Transformer Pad using freakin' Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

xbox2712

Jun 3, 2013
I actually use a Liteon ihas 124b, yea, I bought one as soon as it was announced, several actually, so I have the burnermax firmware flashed, I do not use the payload tool.

I decided to try using my wife's laptop to try to burn one of my backups, I decided to use my backup of GTA5 Disc 2.

For the record, after I dumped the disc to my desktop PC, I did burn it to a mkm 001 2.4x disc on my desktop and it did work on my xbox 360.

The dvd burner on my wifes laptop is "TSSTcorp CDDVDW SN-208BB", using the payload tool, I have not managed to get a successful verification after trying 2 times.

The weird thing is these discs on my desktop have write speed of 2.4, 4, 6 and 8 on my desktop, only my wifes laptop the only available speeds are 3, 4 and 6, using burnermax or not.

My 1st burn attempt resulted in a verification fail shortly after 10%, I had picked 2.4x and let Imgburn choose the speed after the mis-compare error. It chose 6x.
After that I chose 3x, it also failed verification shortly after 35%.

After wasting discs, I have given up on trying to burn discs on this laptop.

alien44

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2009
I all so have the HP 1260i compatible with paytool. Burns at 100% verify 100%. every back up I tried to install to xbox 360 failed to install at 49%. some games still worked.

junior8143

Nov 17, 2010
Rio de Janeiro

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
They will start showing up when sellers run out of their current stock, most likely, or search for this revision specifically.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using freakin' Tapatalk 4

elmorsy_pro

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2010
I've bought 4 dvd writer LITE-ON iHAS 124 W
now it's not support burner max but it's 2mb flash size
please help me…..

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
Harrogate, North Yorkshire , uk
i bought them as a B ver. but this happen. and if i return them i will lose a lot of money. if can any one help :facepalm:
So you bought them a sb's but they sent you w's was it described as a b ? If so lauch a claim with wherever you got them as incorrect product

elmorsy_pro

Noob Account
Oct 1, 2010
the problem is i'm from egypt and i bought them from usa and if i returned it i will pay shipping fees to much :mad:

RhoTrux64

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2004
Check the compatibility list and buy one that's compatible with payload tool
That list shows enable and non enabled burner. It is not a compatibility list. Enabled doesn't mean capable. Compatible burners are:

Liteon iHASx24 B, C, D and E revision and those crossflashable with the B revision from C4E's list
Asus DRW-24B1ST
and a couple of random Samsung burners

So in total only a handful are actually compatible.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

scott1503

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2012
Harrogate, North Yorkshire , uk
That list shows enable and non enabled burner. It is not a compatibility list. Enabled doesn't mean capable. Compatible burners are:

Liteon iHASx24 B, C, D and E revision and those crossflashable with the B revision from C4E's list
Asus DRW-24B1ST
and a couple of random Samsung burners

So in total only a handful are actually compatible.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
I am aware of that I was stating a point and I worded it quiet badly but the fact still remains that he should have checked the list and since it is a supplier problem he needs to take it up with them

AllyNerd

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2013
Philadelphia
I have just bought new drives and need burnermax updating please my Ihas B revisions are on the way out and Liteon Ihas S124 W sata dont work please help :-(
I dont believe w is compatible