can ck3 be used to extract keys from a dead drive?

karthik91

Jan 25, 2010
hi
i just want to know whether ck3 can be used to extract keys from a dead dvd drive. i dont know actually whether my drive is dead or not. i have attached the pic of dvd drive's pcb someone kindly help me with this one

Last edited:

dandanuk

Noob Account
Jan 15, 2011
Firstly does the still eject when pressing the button, and also can the drive be seen in jungleflasher?

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
You need to send it to someone to get it fixed first. Did you reverse power the drive?
It's probably fixable so don't worry, but if your the one that's damaged the drive I'm afraid its a job for a pro.

karthik91

Jan 25, 2010
You need to send it to someone to get it fixed first. Did you reverse power the drive?
It's probably fixable so don't worry, but if your the one that's damaged the drive I'm afraid its a job for a pro.
can u suggest me some pro in and around london?

modmonster

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2009
Cheshire, UK
xboxmods.wordpress.com
can u suggest me some pro in and around london?
Not sure whos in london, but to be honest you could send the drive to anyone in the UK, might take a day or two longer but it'd get done.

Create a new thread in the 'Request a Service' part of the website. Its at the bottom of the main page.
Follow the rules for posting and Im sure someone will see it and offer you a service.

Jun 4, 2010
Defenitly power reversed since I can see the 207 resistor missing.

undivide

Apr 22, 2011
I'm having the same issue with a drive that was dropped off to me this morning.

normally when I hookup my drives to computer its done with the following
usb->x360pro->drive
molex->ck3pro->drive

load up JF and bam dvd drive recognized... except this time. when ck3 is powered on the blue light flashes then goes solid. ck3 will not eject the drive either.
I do not have the xbox with me as the guy just wanted to bring me the drive for a 2.0 reflash. supposedly the unit has a previous version of iextreme on it

I do not see any burn marks or missing resistors on this board...

he claims the xbox was working before and after the last update he did