Can I change how "Album" is accessed?

kenchilada

Noob Account
Aug 13, 2019
US
Love SX OS so far, but I would like to be able to hide the SX features from my kids. They break everything!

I would like the album to work the same as OFW unless I hold down the R button or something. If it required a PIN number, even better.

Is there a way to change this?

Thanks!

Reactions: morgul

Elliander

Oct 27, 2018
A password would be nice to see as an option, at least for when you go to a settings tab. (so a kid can select a game, but can't turn off stealth) It really is far too easy for a kid to change something dangerous in there. Having the option to reverse the album behavior as requested above would be a close second.

Reactions: morgul

Game_Over

Staff member
Top TX Brass
Dec 2, 2010
I have low expectations something like this would be implemented.

My recommendation if you fear your child not being able to use cfw in a way you have taught them to, is to have your kids play with sysnand and your original game carts. That would solve this problem.

Reactions: imprezgc8

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Top Poster Of Month
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Biggest problem with your senario also is that if you have to launch the games from the Album assuming your mounting your XCI, how will your child access the Album menu to mount a new game? They would then need to big you ever time they want to change the game.

Elliander

Oct 27, 2018
Biggest problem with your senario also is that if you have to launch the games from the Album assuming your mounting your XCI, how will your child access the Album menu to mount a new game? They would then need to big you ever time they want to change the game.
Probably the simplest approach would be to allow anyone to view any settings, but have to enter a password to unlock the settings tab and any other tab you want restricted. So a child could launch a game from album, but couldn't turn off stealth mode. The child could launch homebrew, or install games, unless you selected a toggle option to disable those without the password entered on the settings tab. Then make sure that it is re-locked every time to leave the album.