Can i downgrade retail to jtag version and jtag it?

TechManSaver

Jul 26, 2015
Berthoud,Colorado
i have a falcon xbox 360,which i have installed the coolrunner rev c in it,and i uninstalled it to install in a better trinity slim.Then i put the console away since i don't have any use for it.THEN i got some money,i purchased the cr4 xl,and i was putting it in the console and the ft6u7 pad came off from too much heat.And there wasn't any use anymore....Then i thought,well hey,i have the nand dumped and i have the cpukey.So i flashed the original retail 17489 nand to it and put it away.And then i was thinking,what if i could build an OLDER retail dash version and then i could use the jtag method or rgh 1.2 and buy a coolrunner rev c and be able to glitch it again.Since that pad was taken off,the cr4 xl is now collecting dust in my drawer...Would i be able to (in the long run) be able to with the cpukey downgrade to a lower dash and install a different modchip into it?

TechManSaver

Jul 26, 2015
Berthoud,Colorado
You are so right...thanks...how would I know if the cr4 is shorted?is there like a certain way because in my previous threads,the blue wire was pinched and POSSIBLY shorted to the xclamps....is there like a way to detect this?

TechManSaver

Jul 26, 2015
Berthoud,Colorado
Thanks man for the other thread,but i still want to just know.Even without doing it to glitch the console,couldn't i use xebuild to generate the nand retail on like the 7xxxx dashboards?That's all i want to know...

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Thanks man for the other thread,but i still want to just know.Even without doing it to glitch the console,couldn't i use xebuild to generate the nand retail on like the 7xxxx dashboards?That's all i want to know...
You can downgrade a console if you can find a way to repair the blown microscopic Efuses inside of the console's CPU.

So....no. You can't downgrade.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
You'd check for continuity between that and ground.

You can only glitch to a lower dash on the same CB.