RGH Can I put 2 partitions on a Slim 250gb internal HDD?

Captn Slap Nutz

Apr 16, 2011
Houston, Texas
I'm getting my 360Slim 250gb modded with a Demon and a CoolRunner3 by Alan as soon as the CoolRunner3's come out. The console has a 250gb hard drive, so, if I replaced it with a 1TB HDD and partition the first to represent the 250gb and the other partition for FSD, Fusion, games etc.

This is the part I'm unclear on:

If FSD, Fusion, games are installed to the HDD (stock), and I boot up to XNE and go on line, can M$ see FSD, Fusion, etc. on my HDD? Should I expect ot get banned?

If it were possible to format to 2 partitions, would it serve as to any benefit, would M$ see it regardless after it booted up? (I know M$ X360 HDD's need to be formatted in certain sizes using Hddhackr, the rest is FAT32)

If I had full ISO rips from XBC and verified with ABGX on my HDD 2nd partition, and M$ could see them, could I play them on live without an original disk in the chamber? With out expecting to get banned?

If I did put a 1TB HDD or used the one in it, could I just format the first partition to M$ 4gb and use the rest for FAT32? Or even M$ 20gb, even though Silms didn't come with a 20gb?

Am I worried about the wrong things? How are you doing it? Whats the best universal format for games?

Thanks,
Captn

AteOeight

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Hawaii
No need for partitioning your HDD. No benefit to it, retail sees corrupt data... its a common place. Therefore, your open source stuff is safe on the same HDD, and same partition.

luniq

May 11, 2012
I just thought of something, if im not wrong a wd 320gb can be flashed with 250gb security sector and you will get 250gb available for live. Is there a possibility to get the 70gb left for e.g fusion? Would this be possible through software such as fusion, fsd etc. Example, for live you can only access the 250gb of the hdd and when running fusion you can only use the 70gb left. This will really help people going dual booting with fusion and being safe on live as well. Although not 100% safe but this would be a good alternative to dual hdd setup.

AteOeight

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Hawaii
if you put the 250 on a 320, it thus becomes a 250... no extra space.

daman10

VIP Member
Jun 27, 2012
I see what your meaning to do but I don't think it's possible your wanting to split your 1tb to a 250gb and 750gb and have the 250 as if it's a retail Hdd and use the other 750 for the rgh side suppose you would have to somehow get the retail files onto the 250 side but Hdd hackr would prob just downsize the whole 1tb to 250gb as opposed to the partion

iTzKurtxD

Mar 10, 2012
New York
Don't talk about piracy, you will get an infraction.
You can use your hard drive for both without partitioning it, I believe. M$ cant see anything on your hard drive.

PersonCC

Apr 14, 2012
I don't think youd need to partition...

It's been said MS doesn't check the Harddrive, but doesn't mean they can't. I'd assume it's safe to use 1 partition for live and RGH for now. But just be aware it all can change in the furture.

Not 100% though

Last edited:

AteOeight

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Hawaii
M$ can't, but your box can... don't worry, it's safe. Any homebrew content comes up in/on retail NAND as corrupt data.