can i spoof dg-16ds2 to Hitachi GDR-3120L 79

chotky

Jan 5, 2015
Hello can i spoof dg-16ds2 to Hitachi GDR-3120L 79 because many games have problem with Hitachi , i have sammy but sammy i have a errror on my xbox 360 when spoofed thx

nofeloniesyet

VIP Member
Jan 16, 2011
Nowhere
in short,no. you can try adding just the key to liteon fw,dont spoof,but youll still have to return it to ur hitachi pcb to take updates even if it does work to read games (which im not sure it will tbh) but you can try it.

chotky

Jan 5, 2015
But finaly what is best way to replace this hitachi drive to have best result ? Hard to play all cd's with hitachi :(

rghpro

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2013
Hello can i spoof dg-16ds2 to Hitachi GDR-3120L 79 because many games have problem with Hitachi , i have sammy but sammy i have a errror on my xbox 360 when spoofed thx
As nofeloniesyet said, in short no, although the options are there to spoof any drive as another, its detected by XBL and not deemed safe anymore, so in short spoofing is not really recommened anymore as there is only one reason to spoof, to make XBL believe your drive is the original, when in fact its not.

But finaly what is best way to replace this hitachi drive to have best result ? Hard to play all cd's with hitachi
If your original is Hitachi, replace it with an Hitachi drive, If you want to replace your PCB too, which is probably not needed, buy one with the same ROM version to make sure its XBL safe

Hard to play all CD's with Hitachi???

You know, not all Hitachi drives are like that, you obviously have something wrong with yours, they're not all defective, buy a replacement one.

Best solution is to replace same model as original.
Couldn't Agree more, replacement drives are not expensive, just buy what you need.

NOTE: NOT A FACT, DOES NOT GUARANTEE XBL WILL NOT BAN YOU
The only thing I can say about drive swapping, is that you might get away with using a LITEON in place of a SAMSUNG on XBL by simply grabbing the sammy key and using it on a LITEON without spoofing as many of those consoles that have been serviced by MS have replaced SAMSUNG drives with LITEON drives just because the SAMSUNG drives are easier to exploit, which sucks for M$ because LITEON drives were exploited anyway, lol.