Can I still use my cool runner?

kingdeejay

Oct 22, 2012
I tried doing an RGH 2.0 on my phat 16mb jasper board and I incorrectly flashed the timing files as a 256mb jasper and now my jasper doesn't boot. I just got an Xbox 360 slim and I want to use that same coolrunner on the slim, but I have removed the two 000 resistors from the cool runner. Will I have to try and replace the resistors or can I still use the coolrunner on my 360 Slim.

Krafter

VIP Member
Apr 17, 2011
Indiana
I tried doing an RGH 2.0 on my phat 16mb jasper board and I incorrectly flashed the timing files as a 256mb jasper and now my jasper doesn't boot.
This would only cause you issues with the RGH. As long as you didn't cause any damage to the board while soldering, the original NAND will boot just fine. Incorrect timing files will not cause damage....... but to be honest, I didn't even know there was a 256 Jasper timing file. I suspect other damage.

I just got an Xbox 360 slim and I want to use that same coolrunner on the slim, but I have removed the two 000 resistors from the cool runner. Will I have to try and replace the resistors or can I still use the coolrunner on my 360 Slim.
Those 000 resistors are just jumpers and yes you can replace them and reuse the CR.

Reactions: kingdeejay

kingdeejay

Oct 22, 2012
Those 000 resistors are just jumpers and yes you can replace them and reuse the CR.
I don't have the resistors anymore. Will I have to buy another set? If so, what will I be looking for? Also, can I just bridge the points with solder?

madhaxer

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2012
Arkansas USA
You can just bridge those points and will work fine.

Reactions: kingdeejay