Can I swap drives?? Please help!!

ghghgh987

Noob Account
Sep 27, 2013
Hello, I am new to all of this and I would like to flash mod my xbox. I would rgh or jtag but I don't went to spend alot of money so... Is it possible to swap my current disc drive (hitachi dl10n) with a liteon drive because I understand that they are easier to mod?? I know I will have to get a x360 usbpro and I already have jungle flasher but can I do this. Is it possible to swap the drives but use the old 'pcp'?

thanks in advance
(I have a 250gb slim by the way)
george

jsinger47

Troll Eating Dogs
Feb 6, 2011
Grand Rapids, MI
Sure. You can put a slim liteon drive in there with a liteon LTU2 PCB with Hitachi fw on it.

Of course it would be cheaper just to use a Hitachi LTU2 PCB.

Either way, you'll still have to rgh the console to get the drive information to use LTU2.

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.

Reactions: ghghgh987

ghghgh987

Noob Account
Sep 27, 2013
Sure. You can put a slim liteon drive in there with a liteon LTU2 PCB with Hitachi fw on it.

Of course it would be cheaper just to use a Hitachi LTU2 PCB.

Either way, you'll still have to rgh the console to get the drive information to use LTU2.

In the case of a spelling error, I blame Tapatalk.
is the pcb rgh?? Sorry I am very nooby. If it is can you point me int he direction of any good tutorials in youtube/metacafe please?

thank you
george

tomma66

VIP Member
Dec 19, 2011
UK
The pcb is not rgh as jsinger has already said though you will still need to rgh your xbox to get the drive key and other drive info to install onto an LTU2 pcb.

skillet34

VIP Member
Jun 21, 2012
MA USA
The jungleflasher PDF will tell exactly how to do LTU2 for hitachi. Since you have it already give it a read it will answer all your questions. :)