Cannot uninstall autoRCM

priamos1

Noob Account
Dec 31, 2019
Hawai
Title says it. I go on sx os menu and click on uninstall autoRCM, it says "uninstall succeeded" but it doesn't uninstall. I can still not turn on my switch normally. I can repeat this as many times as I want and it doesn't uninstall. I don't know what else to do.

I'm on sx os 2.9.3.

imprezgc8

Bannnnnn-Kai!
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
So when you uninstall and reboot the Switch without the dongle/computer with tegraRCM plugged in, it just sits at a black screen?

priamos1

Noob Account
Dec 31, 2019
Hawai
So when you uninstall and reboot the Switch without the dongle/computer with tegraRCM plugged in, it just sits at a black screen?
That is correct. I'm starting to think that this might have to do with fuses rather than the actual autoRCM, however. I noticed this right after I restored an earlier NAND backup. Said backup was in firmware version 6 something. As soon as I updated sysNAND back to the regular 9.1 then I seemed to be able to actually uninstall autoRCM then. As in, I could then turn on my switch normally.

Hackerjac

The Minifigure
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Jun 2, 2010
Denmark
Well if you have restored a 6.x.x nand backup on the console that was running 9.x.x, with all the fuses burned, then ofcaurse it will go black, that have nothing to do with autorcm