Can't activate license

Ostreszko

Noob Account
Mar 18, 2019
Poland
Hello, Im new here and evend don't know if posted in right section, booted SX OS 2.6 and got license-request.dat, But when I want to activate it on https://sx.xecuter.com/sxos-license.html it doesn't ask for code, but give me license.dat. After copying it to sd it give error that license is not for this console. Plz help

Icarium

Feb 1, 2019
NY, USA
This is a known bug with 2.6 activation.
Use the boot.dat file from sxos 2.5.3 (instead of 2.6) and activate the license that way. Once the license.dat file is generated, replace the 2.5.3 boot.dat with the 2.6 file on your sd card, then reboot. into CFW

KnightRiderX420

Jan 31, 2019
USA
i had same problem, but 1 question... is this method possible if your on firmware 7.0.1 or do you need to be on 6.2 to activate b4 doing the actual upgrade?. also I had to disable emunand and for whatever reason i have to redisable after every reboot. its kind of a pain but it works.

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
It should create the request file before booting from what. I remember. When you click boot CFW it will say it can't find the license or something along those lines. I believe at that point is when it makes the request file.

Anyone having issues activating on 2.6 see this thread.

Ostreszko

Noob Account
Mar 18, 2019
Poland
Problem solved, I activated license online from the switch, didn't checked method with replacing boot.dat, perhaps it would work. Thanks for replies :)

serum532

Noob Account
Mar 21, 2019
Belgique
Hello there, i have pb too with my license activation.
When i put the license.dat file on my sd card, sx os don't work, i have the first screen of sx os (logo screen) and nothing just a black screen and i m sure my switch shut down. I tried to activate my license by internet (directly by my switch) but when sx os said me "license ok! plz reboot ur switch".... the same sx os logo and just a black screen. Firmwire 7.0.1 witch sx os 2.6.1
THX for help

imprezgc8

Majora's Mask
Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Nov 26, 2007
The Cloud
Hello there, i have pb too with my license activation.
When i put the license.dat file on my sd card, sx os don't work, i have the first screen of sx os (logo screen) and nothing just a black screen and i m sure my switch shut down. I tried to activate my license by internet (directly by my switch) but when sx os said me "license ok! plz reboot ur switch".... the same sx os logo and just a black screen. Firmwire 7.0.1 witch sx os 2.6.1
THX for help
Please start your own thread going forward. Thread hijacking is one of the rules. What is your SD formatted and are you using emunand?

Support Our Sponsors