Can't boot SX OS with 2.9.2 version on 8.0.1 firmware

UnPoulpe

Nov 9, 2019
France
Hi there,

Since yesterday, I can't boot SX OS (2.9.2) on 8.0.1 firmware (it works perfectly before that).

When I push Volume + and power buttons, nothing happens and the screen stays black.

I've tried to :
- Put the boot.dat file again on the memory card
- Format the memory card and start from zero
- Boot with another memory card
- Boot on another Nintendo Switch
- Boot with USB cable connected to the dongle

Note: the green led is lit when I plug the dongle to the Switch.

I think that my SX Pro dongle is out of order. Do you know another steps to try before I get the product back to the reseller?

Thanks for your help 😉

UnPoulpe

Nov 9, 2019
France
I'm actually using the lastest available on the xecuter website (2.9.2). Is it compatible with the 9.0.1 firmware? If not, where to find the beta SX OS version?

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
That's the correct one. Also make sure you have the "license" file okay. Redownload of the "boot" file is recommended: https://team-xecuter.com/community/threads/sx-os-beta-repository-downloads-all-beta-versions.128189/

What brand of MicroSD card are you using?

First of all, do make sure your MicroSD works properly (you can check that on a computer), by moving/copying a couple of random files. If yes, than do a full format on the card to FAT32 or exFAT. Move/copy the needed files only (no games or such). Make sure your console has enough battery (more than 50%). Do hold "+" while you press the "power" button on your console...

UnPoulpe

Nov 9, 2019
France
I've already tried to start from zero (formatting in exFat, checking that the MicroSD is ok, put the boot.dat at the root of the card, ...). Same thing for the Switch battery.

The brand is SanDisk.

Nothing has worked.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
Connect your console and let it charge for at least 30 minutes. Download the files again and try with another MicroSD card (even another) formatted to FAT32.

Velvet

Nov 9, 2018
If you are totally sure and have performed all suggested steps to conclude you have a defective product, opt to look for warranty.

mosewood

Noob Account
Sep 23, 2019
Chi-Raq
I think I am having this same issue. It starts to boot into sxos, then goes black; then the boot menu never appears and it boots into OFW.

fmj77

Sep 2, 2019
Earn Satoshi
Try booting into SX OS with TegraRCM and the newest payload.bin file from SX website. If that works, then you may have a bad dongle.