Can't Boot XELL, LED on coolrunner doesn't flash when glitching

Bimbobombo

Jul 31, 2012
Neverland
Okay so after my first mishap I decided to take my time and do things properly. I installed the coolrunner and demon in my other xbox flashed them both, took 4 NAND Dumps, 4 from DEMON and 4 from XBOX 360. I use the xbox nand to create an .ecc with the right dash. I then booted the xbox in retail to verify it would work and after writing .ecc to the DEMON Side, attempted to boot XELL. (The LED does flash green when I program it with the XSVF file) The problem I am having is that now the light on the coolrunner does not flash at all. I have tried reflashing the .ecc to the demon side. Should I possibly try changing it from RGH 1 to RGH2 in jrunner? Or what? It has a trinity mobo. Pics of soldering included. Photos can be zoomed up to 200% before they lose quality
Thank You for any help you can provide.

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
I would find someone to professionally install this for you.

4 dumps of each? WHY?

Ensure the 360 NAND still boots and then hand it over to someone who knows what they're doing. Sorted.

Bimbobombo

Jul 31, 2012
Neverland
4 dumps to make sure all the nands match. 360 NAND still boots, and I would LOVE to give it to someone who knows what they are doing but they want $100, JUST to program it. Thanks for your reply anyway.

Last edited:

keil423

VIP Member
Your first problem is your CPU_RST wire. You are using the full 50CM wire and adding another 44Cm to that by soldering it to the Post out QSB. Cut the Low Loss down to 3 1/4 inches and shorten down the Ground. Or remove the ground for the low loss all together. Some console refuse to boot with it ground other refuse to boot without it.

Reactions: Bimbobombo

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
4 dumps to make sure all the nands match. 360 NAND still boots, and I would LOVE to give it to someone who knows what they are doing but they want $100, JUST to program it. Thanks for your reply anyway.
If two dumps match and headers/bootloaders look ok, you're good to go.

Thing is, you don't need it programmed - that's the easy stuff. You still don't know how to RGH a console. Unless you want to send another console to the scrapheap, I would give it some serious thought.

Bimbobombo

Jul 31, 2012
Neverland
Your first problem is your CPU_RST wire. You are using the full 50CM wire and adding another 44Cm to that by soldering it to the Post out QSB. Cut the Low Loss down to 3 1/4 inches and shorten down the Ground. Or remove the ground for the low loss all together. Some console refuse to boot with it ground other refuse to boot without it.
Thanks for the reply. Your videos on youtube have been a big help. Cutting of the ground won't cause a short, will it? And for the low loss, should I try without the QSB or just shorten the cable and try again? I am using the double shielded cable. Not the blue. Thank you for your reply. I will try your method now.

keil423

VIP Member
Just trim your low loss down but continue to use the Post out QSB. I personally love the post out QSB. Its so much easier to dial in the timing with it. So long as you trim the thing down to the recommended length that is!

As far as the Low loss ground I always try first with the low loss grounded because most slims will boot best that way. But you should really keep the ground as short as possible. I will generally run it over to the AV port housing and ground it there. It should be around 3 inches long is all.
If its still not booting within at least 30 seconds I will often times just desolder the ground wire and test it then. Of course position the loose wire safely so it cant cause any shorts. If it works better without it grounded then I will generally just cut the ground wire off as close to the shrink wrap as possible and then add a little layer of electrical tape to cover it.

Thanks for the kind words on the Youtube vids! I always enjoy positive feedback.

Reactions: avenged06x

Bimbobombo

Jul 31, 2012
Neverland
Okay so I removed the ground wire, cut down the low loss to about 8 1/4 inches and reconnected it to my QSB leaving it set at 44cm. I still get no flashing light from the coolrunner to show it glitching. I have flashed my original nand back to both the demon and the xbox side so I could prove it would indeed work, and that the dashboard would load, but when I create and flash my .ecc to the DEMON Side it still will not glitch. I have set my Dashboard to 14719 on the xebuild options and tried both RGH and RGH2.0 settings to see if that may be the problem. Still no cigar. Could it be the xsvf file for coolrunner? I think next I will try to set it at 35cm on the QSB. Maybe its just the length of the wire that won't allow it to glitch. Could it be the jumpers on the coolrunner maybe? I haven't closed them.
Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Bimbobombo

Jul 31, 2012
Neverland
Did you program the CoolRunner with Trinity_EN.xsvf?
Yes, chose both my motherboard and demon installed when it asked me and it flashed the trinity_EN.xsvf
I know it at least works because the green light stays solid when writing the .xsvf file.
Thanks for the reply

Last edited:

Bimbobombo

Jul 31, 2012
Neverland
Alright, so I removed my ground wire for the low loss and cut down the wire to 3 1/4 inches. But still no glitch, the light will still not flash. I have the QSB set at 44cm, could that be the reason it will not glitch or light up. Its to long? Should I maybe attempt without the QSB or set it at a shorter length? Also can anybody see any errors in my soldering. I have looked for this problem on google and on all the examples I have seen it has been a wire in the wrong place. Would the wire being "longer" than 55cm cause it to not light up?
Thank you for all your help

madhaxer

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2012
Arkansas USA
Were are you located? If in the Usa I will do it for you. Just pay the shipping.

Bimbobombo

Jul 31, 2012
Neverland
I got xell to boot, but I had to turn off the xbox and now when I try to turn it on again Xell will not load, I can still access the original dash from the xbox side, but it will not load Xell again.

Last edited:

Steel City Mods

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
USA
If xell booted, try powering the console with your nandx/jr prog hooked up and try scanning in jrunner.
sometimes i have consoles that show xell 1 or 2 times and then black screen the next time i try and boot. But often times i can retrieve keys through com

Bimbobombo

Jul 31, 2012
Neverland
Okay so I was able to get XELL back up and grab my cpu key by flashing back the original nand, reprogramming coolrunner and building a new .ecc based on RGH2 instead of RGH1. My boot time ws kind of slow, my question is do I attempt to modify the boot time via the QSB before or after I install freeboot?
Thanks

Okay so I installed freeboot via XELL, but now I can't get it to boot FSD. It just blinks endlessly. Any ideas?
Thanks for the help

Last edited:

Martin C

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2004
Scotland, UK
www.team-xecuter.com
Nope, since you have a distinct inability to provide any information.

Read the TEMPLATE sticky at the top of this forum to understand what we mean by 'details'.

Bimbobombo

Jul 31, 2012
Neverland
TX Product(s) used: DEMON, Coolrunner Rev.C
Console Type: Trinity
NAND size: 16MiB
Dashboard version: e.g 2.0.14719
CB version: 9230
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:
i.imgur.com/RF4DA.jpg
J-Runner log: ATTACHED
updflash.bin log (if applicable): ATTACHED
Image of Coolrunner: ALREADY AVAILABLE
Images of close-up soldering to motherboard: ALREADY AVAILABLE

Thank You and sorry for not reading the template

stefff

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
the qsb on the underside were the blue wirer normally is soldered directly to the board looks like it dosent have a proper connection, from what i can se, and the red power 3v3 does it go through the board or is it burned in 2 peaces?..

does the CR light up red when you have power cabel connected to the mobo?

Bimbobombo

Jul 31, 2012
Neverland
the qsb on the underside were the blue wirer normally is soldered directly to the board looks like it dosent have a proper connection, from what i can se, and the red power 3v3 does it go through the board or is it burned in 2 peaces?..

does the CR light up red when you have power cabel connected to the mobo?
I have decided to send my xbox to a professional here in Ottawa, he is kind of a friend and he is giving me a good deal, He was able to load FSD but he had to take off the DEMON because it was faulty and would not connect to his PC, it would quit after a short time, thank you for your reply and +REP you are the only one who replied after I posted the console info so thank you.