Can't detect drive and I accidentally disconnected two yellow cables (Lite on 93450c)

gpkane12

Oct 25, 2010
Hi, Team Xecuter members

I have a serious problem with flashing my lite on 93450c. I bought the Lt Clip and Lt switch V2 so I can have a solderless read and flash for my drive. In a rush, I accidentally pulled out two yellow wires out of their position (Cable that connects the pbc to the case). Now I don't know where they belong and I don't know know what solder I should use (30 watts, 25 watts, etc ?). That's one problem, the other problem I have is that jungleflasher doesn't detect my drive. I installed the portio64.sys successfully and my Operating System is Windows 7 64 bit.

Here is the list of products I have:

--> CK3 Lite
--> Lt Clip + Lt switch

Can you people please help me with this issue as i am quite new to this Lite On reading and flashing method. The Benq was much easier :(

PS: The Lt Clip indicates that the cuts I made were good (green light). Sorry if I am such a newbie but I would like you please help me in solving this. Thanks :)

Xmods

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2002
the yellow wire are soldered onto the board were you see the 2 " Y " i recomend a 15 watt soldering iron and some silver bearing solder both can be purchased at any radio shack or any small electronics store

gpkane12

Oct 25, 2010
Thanks for your post, can you please provide me an image on where these two wires go. I can see "Y" and "Y" but which cord goes where as they are both the same colour. By the way, I can't get jungleflasher to detect my drive, do I need to connect the serial port from the ck3 lite to the computer for it to detect my drive or is it okay just to power the ck3 lite and connect a sata cable from the drive to the pc motherboard without the serial cable. Is it possible that someone can provide an instruction manual to reading and flashing using the Lt Clip and CK3 lite. It would be much appreciated. :)

gpkane12

Oct 25, 2010
doesn't matter were they go
Thanks for the post Xmods, do you mind if you can show me a tutorial on how to detect the lite on 93450c drive on jungleflasher. I have a ck3 lite and an Lt clip but seems that I have no idea on how to use them. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I would really appreciate it if you can help. Thanks

gpkane12

Oct 25, 2010
Okay, I finally repaired the 2x yellow wires. I also went off and bought a VIA 9421A chipset to have jungleflasher to detect my drive. Now I have a new problem, I can't get into Vendor mode, the status I get is Status 0x52 and when I turn off the CK3 lite, it goes to Status 0xD1. I can't get to Status 0x72 to read the DVD Key. My Lt Clip has the green light on the continuity test so why can't it go to Vendor mode. Any ideas please, I have worked for at least 8 hours on this and I ain't going anywhere as of now. :(