FIXED Can't flash iHAS 124b fw through V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteybaby

May 11, 2012
No matter what I try, I can't get the '-final' Burner Max to flash onto the 124b through the V2. I've tried every switch in every possible combination on the V2 but no luck.

I can read from the EEPROM and the Flash without a problem, I just can't write the updated flash. I keep getting the "Error writing FLASH to drive!" message.

I've also tried to run the flash utility as administrator, but no luck.

The config is pretty straightforward, power to the v2 as well as to the burner, the sata cable plugged from the v2 into the burner and the usb cable into my laptop's usb port.

Under Device Manager, I see the 124B as ATAPI iHAS123 B USB Device.

The bootloader on the V2 is 1.0.3 (looking at it through the .12 Firmware Update tool).

Any thoughts/insights??

peteybaby

May 11, 2012
Re: Can't flash 124b through V2

Really? Would you mind telling me how you did it and what switches were in what position????

peteybaby

May 11, 2012

That's what I thought and that's what I tried. It's just so strange, I can read the EEPROM and read the flash of the existing 124b, it's just when I try to write new flash does it have the problem...But JF worked fine with the xbox and took care of that drive without a problem that's why I'm so perplexed.

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Tampa,FL

I haven't used my usb pro 2 but maybe hes asking for your setup:

like os, switch positions , ect...

marco12

May 10, 2012

I've been getting exactly the same error :S,

I tried it on my Mac Bootcamp and it worked fine bud, might want to try that bud IE: different computer.

marco12

May 10, 2012

Edit: I thought it worked but it didnt getting the exact same error :(

So using a different PC didnt work, do you guys think we might of got a bad batch of USB Pro 2?

Last edited:

peteybaby

May 11, 2012

Thanks Marco for confirming it. I even rebuilt an old desktop last night completely bare bones and it still wouldn't work.

Uber, should we look to return them? Could it be something in the firmware? Thoughts?

Fisticuffs

VIP Member
Mar 14, 2011
Arizona, US

I just flashed a 224b to a 624b, Then flashed it with burnermax on a Win Xp Intel P4 (My backup PC) connected it directly to a Sata port on the Motherboard, And didn't have any issues.

Last edited:

marco12

May 10, 2012

I just flashed a 224b to a 624b, Then flashed it with burnermax on a Win Xp Intel P4 (My backup PC) connected it directly to a Sata port on the Motherboard, And didn't have any issues.
Hi Fisti,

Awesome, but unfortunately for me and probably Petey we don't have the luxury of a compatible chipset, thats why we have X360USB V2.

It would be nice to have compatible chip set lol.

Thanks Marco for confirming it. I even rebuilt an old desktop last night completely bare bones and it still wouldn't work.

Uber, should we look to return them? Could it be something in the firmware? Thoughts?
@Petey No problem bud, It nice to know that im not the only one having this problem, it makes it easier to find the solution this way.

marco12

May 10, 2012

A compatible chipset...? If you have a desktop with Sata ports on it, Any Sata port will do. Plug the drive in it and flash it.
yes, my motherboard is NOT compatible, its old, it DOESNT have SATA ports buddy. (just IDE ports)

It sucks I know LOL :D

So I want to use the USB V2 To flash the drive but me and petey are getting the same error flash failed Error.

Hilarious Sig BTW.

Last edited:

marco12

May 10, 2012

get yourself a sata card if you have no on board sata I ran out of space in my system so I used one of the sata ports on my sata card 6421a yes i still have a ck3 pro never let me down yet lol try that if you are on a tight budget you can get them cheap then use uber's guide
http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73745
Hey Tony,

Thats great bud, and thanks for your input. :)

But I bought the USB V2 to be able to do this too.

So why would I want to go out and buy another piece of kit,

I ONLY want to get this fixed, not go out and buy something else. Since the Pro V2 is meant to be able to do it, there is something wrong.

tonyjandc

VIP Member
Dec 30, 2011
london uk

the reason i said about getting a sata card petey is for the following reason why keep swaping over your drives when you rip a 0800 you can mount your ihas in pc and leave it there to buy should be no more than a fiver uk money secondly I know you are on a tight budget are you using u.s.b 1 and not 2 on your pc this may cause you a problem if so take it round a mates house and borrow his laptop/pc this applys to marco as well

Last edited:

marco12

May 10, 2012

the reason i said about getting a sata card petey is for the following reason why keep swaping over your drives when you rip a 0800 you can mount your ihas in pc and leave it there to buy should be no more than a fiver uk money secondly I know you are on a tight budget are you using u.s.b 1 and not 2 on your pc this may cause you a problem if so take it round a mates house and borrow his laptop/pc this applys to marco as well
Im defo on USB 2 bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.