FIXED Can't flash iHAS 124b fw through V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLORDXD

VIP Member
Dec 5, 2011
Re: Can't flash 124b through V2

I have heard quite alot of people having this problem, maybe there will be a update of some sort as this issue is just being ignored, so I'd think something is being done correct me if I am wrong.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

Actually just looked into this further - we did a final update to the ripping code that may be causing the Flash Utility v6.0.1 from codeguys.rpc1.org to fail when writing (I didn't have that on the test unit I was using - so now i've updated have been able to replicate - so no you're not going crazy). I checked the Liteon released fw write app and that writes the fw to the iHAS just fine.

We need to see what the Flash Utility doesn't like about the ripping code (it's very non standard). Hopefully its something simple. If not then i guess you cant update the Ihas drives with this as we're not going to sacrifice the Ripping feature which is totally killer. You'd have to use a standard off the shelf usb sata adapter if you dont have sata on your computer (which is probably 1% of users)

We're looking into it.

---------- Post added at 15:48 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

I have heard quite alot of people having this problem, maybe there will be a update of some sort as this issue is just being ignored, so I'd think something is being done correct me if I am wrong.
By a lot you mean the 2 guys posting in this thread ?

and you said its being ignored yet this thread is active with staff members and vips trying to help ?

Dude you're just an a**h**e trying to stir up trouble. Go troll somewhere else.

---------- Post added at 15:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Since the Pro V2 is meant to be able to do it, there is something wrong.
To be fair there is nothing in the V2 features about this. However it is something I would assume would work fine but there is obviously something in the new ripping code that this Flash Utility app doesn't like. it's getting looked at

Reactions: Bramael and marco12

marco12

May 10, 2012

Hey Uber,

Cheers for looking into it bud, much appreciated.

Do you think that I will be able to flash my Ihas soon, or is it a definite no which I think is unlikely since you said it should work and you guys were testing the FW with it?

Do you think the fix will be released in the next few weeks?

Also when you earlier said you flashed your drive fine, Is there anyway we can flash the FW you used on the test V2 to ours for now? Then flash back to the official release once we have flashed the IHAS to Iextreme

As In could you send us the test FW that is on your V2 that is working fine, so we dont have to wait for the guys at Codeguys to fix, although it maybe a fast fix :)

Cheers

Last edited:

peteybaby

May 11, 2012

Uber, based on your comment below:
"We need to see what the Flash Utility doesn't like about the ripping code (it's very non standard). Hopefully its something simple. If not then i guess you cant update the Ihas drives with this as we're not going to sacrifice the Ripping feature which is totally killer. You'd have to use a standard off the shelf usb sata adapter if you dont have sata on your computer (which is probably 1% of users)"

Is it possible to release an updated version of the firmware without the ripping feature that we can use to flash the 124b's then put it back to its original flash? I agree the ripping feature is cool, but if you're seeing 2 guys with this problem, it's probably going to get bigger as more and more people get their's going.

BTW, thanks for confirming and investigating the issue :)

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Marco, you and I are thinking alike :p

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA

Im looking to see if an update can be made to remove ripping features on a temp basis so you can update your iHas drives - ill let you know asap

and also to be fair - very very few people use this tool to update their iHas drives as 99% of users have SATA on their desktops.

Thank you for your patience

Reactions: marco12

marco12

May 10, 2012

Uber, based on your comment below:
"We need to see what the Flash Utility doesn't like about the ripping code (it's very non standard). Hopefully its something simple. If not then i guess you cant update the Ihas drives with this as we're not going to sacrifice the Ripping feature which is totally killer. You'd have to use a standard off the shelf usb sata adapter if you dont have sata on your computer (which is probably 1% of users)"

Is it possible to release an updated version of the firmware without the ripping feature that we can use to flash the 124b's then put it back to its original flash? I agree the ripping feature is cool, but if you're seeing 2 guys with this problem, it's probably going to get bigger as more and more people get their's going.

BTW, thanks for confirming and investigating the issue :)

---------- Post added at 14:14 ---------- Previous post was at 14:13 ----------

Marco, you and I are thinking alike :p
Yeah Buddy :)

Good point about more people petey, Folk like me who are getting into the scene and want to use this as a all in one tool and are desktopless.

Just flashed my Xbox drive BTW, this is the shizzle :D

Last edited:

peteybaby

May 11, 2012

Im looking to see if an update can be made to remove ripping features on a temp basis so you can update your iHas drives - ill let you know asap

and also to be fair - very very few people use this tool to update their iHas drives as 99% of users have SATA on their desktops.

Uber, if you need a pilot user for this temporary solution, I'm your guy....

In terms of patience, as an early adoptor of this new version, I was hoping for perfection but figured there would be a couple of minor bumps along the way, so don't sweat it....

marco12

May 10, 2012

Uber, if you need a pilot user for this temporary solution, I'm your guy....

In terms of patience, as an early adoptor of this new version, I was hoping for perfection but figured there would be a couple of minor bumps along the way, so don't sweat it....
Me second.

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
well as its not an actual core feature of the V2 its something that wasn't even thought of. Being able to r/w/unlock every 360 drive and the ability to rip using any 360 drive without any custom fw was the goal :)

Will get back to you shortly.

n1ght0wl

BANNED
Nov 30, 2011
London

uber wasnt the burner max firmware testing done with the V2 ? if your able to do a update to remove the ripping features on a temp basis will this have to be used every time a ihas burner needs to be flashed ?

Reactions: Utmad

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
Update: It's definitely a confliction with the ripping hack and the iHas Flash Utility. The Util performs its own hacks and the inquiry it makes clashes with the V2 ripping hack (remember its a 3rd party patching tool - thats why the factory fw tool works just fine)

Looking to see if you can update it in the field

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

uber wasnt the burner max firmware testing done with the V2 ? if your able to do a update to remove the ripping features on a temp basis will this have to be used every time a ihas burner needs to be flashed ?
I already explained that the hardware i was using didnt use the latest ripping code which isnt compatible with another 3rd party hacking tool (the liteon app from codeguys). I'm not sure this particular code can be programmed / edited by end users as its not part of the main v2 firmware.

n1ght0wl

BANNED
Nov 30, 2011
London
I already explained that the hardware i was using didnt use the latest ripping code which isnt compatible with another 3rd party hacking tool (the liteon app from codeguys). I'm not sure this particular code can be programmed / edited by end users as its not part of the main v2 firmware.
okie dokie i only asked as friends/family ask me to update there ihas with the burnermax firmware so will save myself the headaches and just do it direct off my sata ports on PC

n1ght0wl

BANNED
Nov 30, 2011
London
Good news you can do this yourselves :)

Will try to get the code written and added to a new version of the X360USB PRO update tool tomorrow
so we will be able to flash the liteon ihas and keep the V2 ripping features without removing them to do it ?

Ubergeek

Xecuter Groupie
Feb 24, 2003
California, USA
You send a command to disable the feature (will be a new option in the X360USB PRO Update Tool app) - flash the ihas firmware - then reset the usb and the V2 is back to normal with full ripping features again.

You're welcome.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

AWESOME!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Remember, first victim, I mean pilot user waiting right here for u ;)
You will be the very first person to test it as you brought this to our attention first :)

Reactions: Bramael and marco12

n1ght0wl

BANNED
Nov 30, 2011
London
You send a command to disable the feature (will be a new option in the X360USB PRO Update Tool app) - flash the ihas firmware - then reset the usb and the V2 is back to normal with full ripping features again.

You're welcome.

---------- Post added at 20:59 ---------- Previous post was at 20:56 ----------

You will be the very first person to test it as you brought this to our attention first :)
it dosent amaze me.. like previous products that have flaws are found yet your quick to respond and find a work around or update.. nice work TX and team directly or in driectly involved

Last edited:
Reactions: Ubergeek
Status
Not open for further replies.