Can't get into vendor mode on 83850C

Eamon

Feb 23, 2010
Okay,

I did the V-cut and the 1-line cut where it's supposed to be.

I connect the drive and it detects it on jungle flasher.

Now, I press Intro/DeviceID and then I press yes, then push down on the probe to get MRA mode.

It doesn't turn that red colour the guide stated. The colours are still green and blue. But it shows status 0x52.

The guide says this is okay in some circumstances but it just doesn't get into vendor mode.

After waiting, it says Device Intro Failed and status 0xD2 in the Flash Chip Properties.

I tried to cycle trick too and it didn't work. I also tried changing resistance levels and it didn't work.

I have no clue what's not letting it get into Vendor Mode. Please help!

Last edited:

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Okay,

I did the V-cut and the 1-line cut where it's supposed to be.

I connect the drive and it detects it on jungle flasher.

Now, I press Intro/DeviceID and then I press yes, then push down on the probe to get MRA mode.

It doesn't turn that red colour the guide stated. The colours are still green and blue.

The guide says this is okay in some circumstances but it just doesn't get into vendor mode.

After waiting, it says Device Intro Failed and status 0xD2 in the Flash Chip Properties.

I tried to cycle trick too and it didn't work. I also tried changing resistance levels and it didn't work.

I have no clue what's not letting it get into Vendor Mode. Please help!
switch the ck3 off then on a couple of times when clicking intro, it will go into vendor mode

dale;)

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Yes.
That's how I found out it was a 83850v2

try the cuts with a multimeter, put it on to continuity (speaker symbol) and place probes either side of cut, if you hear a beep its a bad cut, if you dont then your fine, do both and let us know

dale;)

edit: silly question, but you have got the probe in mra hack mode?

Last edited:

Eamon

Feb 23, 2010
try the cuts with a multimeter, put it on to continuity (speaker symbol) and place probes either side of cut, if you hear a beep its a bad cut, if you dont then your fine, do both and let us know

dale;)

edit: silly question, but you have got the probe in mra hack mode?
Yeah it is. (I'm assuming the little switch on the probe that has MRA and Probe as options).

Damn, I don't have a multimeter. Here's a picture of the cuts. It's blurry but it's the best shot I could get.

The red/brownish marks are from using the Fibreglass sctatchpen.

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43
Yeah it is. (I'm assuming the little switch on the probe that has MRA and Probe as options).

Damn, I don't have a multimeter. Here's a picture of the cuts. It's blurry but it's the best shot I could get.

The red/brownish marks are from using the Fibreglass sctatchpen.

try and cut it again, the top (101 pad) just cut around the hole in an arc.

from what i can see (and thats not much) the cuts arent deep enough, be a bit more careful cutting, the bottom one looks a bit long

dale;)

Eamon

Feb 23, 2010
try and cut it again, the top (101 pad) just cut around the hole in an arc.

from what i can see (and thats not much) the cuts arent deep enough, be a bit more careful cutting, the bottom one looks a bit long

dale;)
Man, now it says NO DRIVE DETECTED.

Do you think I cut too much?

What should I do now? I'm freaking out here lol

Eamon

Feb 23, 2010

This is how it looks now after I did more cutting. I only touched the V-cut area. I didn't touch the bottom one.

I think I might have cut over another trace? What do you think?

N.E.Modz

VIP Member
Sep 27, 2009
A.K.A daleh43

This is how it looks now after I did more cutting. I only touched the V-cut area. I didn't touch the bottom one.

I think I might have cut over another trace? What do you think?
yep, thats what you done, look at pic ive attached

dale;)

Last edited:

Eamon

Feb 23, 2010
wtf have you done ?

how in God's name is that anything like the instructions ? seriously ?
Sorry. This is now how it was in the beginning. I tried to cut it some more and my hand must have slipped. I'm trying to repair with glue with a toothpick but its taking ages cuz of such small amounts when dipping the toothpick lol

BGAMods

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2010
UK
bgamods.co.uk
come on mate this is such a simple thing to do. it takes about 30 seconds to do the cuts. all you need to do (which doesnt help much now i know) is to look at the tut pics and do exactly what theyve done. people get too worried about doing them and thats when they mess up, once the trace is cleaned you can actually see what your cutting which should make it impossible to go wrong. the tuts that xecuter and uber and everyone else makes are so clear and easy to follow, if you have read them properly.

im not getting at you mate its just that this is happening a lot. what id do mate is try with the glue to do what you can and if you cant get it working then send it to teajunkie. in fact id probably send it to him now.

Eamon

Feb 23, 2010
come on mate this is such a simple thing to do. it takes about 30 seconds to do the cuts. all you need to do (which doesnt help much now i know) is to look at the tut pics and do exactly what theyve done. people get too worried about doing them and thats when they mess up, once the trace is cleaned you can actually see what your cutting which should make it impossible to go wrong. the tuts that xecuter and uber and everyone else makes are so clear and easy to follow, if you have read them properly.

im not getting at you mate its just that this is happening a lot. what id do mate is try with the glue to do what you can and if you cant get it working then send it to teajunkie. in fact id probably send it to him now.
lol, I'm sorry. But I'm just a beginner at this electronics stuff.
I actually want to do it myself so I can learn. And we all learn from mistakes.

I made the mistake of cutting the trace underneath by accident. I'm just hoping it's not a permanent damage.

Eamon

Feb 23, 2010
There isn't any permanent damage there buddy ;)

You need to repair the trace under the pad 101.
Then re-cut the 101 pad (CAREFULLY) as it looks like it's still connected to the top rail. (thats why you arent getting 0x72!)

This is how it now currently looks like. Is the top hole damaged? And have I put enough glue on that trace that was accidently cut?