X360USB PRO Can't get usbpro to be recognised by Win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Stacey

BANNED
Dec 7, 2014
Hi

Usbpro was fine until yesterday. Now I can’t get it recognised by PC (Win 7) and that means drive is not properly recognised in JF.

The usbpro had all drivers and updated firmware but now only shows in device manager as unknown device with a yellow icon. I’ve tried uninstalling and then reinstalling and it always says windows has determined that software up to date etc. However, when you double click the device it says that Windows has stopped device as it has been causing problems.

Is there a way I can get out of this vicious circle?

Thanks

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Yeah, force remove the drivers and start again.

Steve Stacey

BANNED
Dec 7, 2014
Hi

Have tried that but still not showing up in device manager in Windows 7. Iniitally problem was that it had yellow icon and some generic description rather than usbpro. Now it doesn't show at all. Obviously being partially detected as shows up in JF but these issues seem to be preventing me flashing an unlocked drive as indicated in other post.

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
Hi

Have tried that but still not showing up in device manager in Windows 7. Iniitally problem was that it had yellow icon and some generic description rather than usbpro. Now it doesn't show at all. Obviously being partially detected as shows up in JF but these issues seem to be preventing me flashing an unlocked drive as indicated in other post.
But as said in the other post your drive is now locked and needs to be modded to unlock it. The idea of those boards like you have was to write your firmware then lock them and that is it. You have to modify them to unlock again.

Steve Stacey

BANNED
Dec 7, 2014
If you bother reading the other thread you will see that spi can be changed to unlock status via JF. mY TWO ISSUES ARE:

1. Why can't I write fw to unlocked drive?
2. Why am I having probs getting usbpro detected by pc?

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
Your x360usb pro should just stop being detected unless you have done something or if it broke.
Why you can't write any fw to the unlocked drive? If you can't detect your x360usb, what are you trying to flash it with then?

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
because it's not unlocked....

Being told it's effectively a {write locked} phat drive surpassed him - however, this is about his x360usbpro issues, not the locking of the PCB - TX PCB's have a switch for this very reason!

Last edited:

Steve Stacey

BANNED
Dec 7, 2014
The ins and outs of TX v non TX, internal versus external spi confuse one but zi wouldn't sat I had been "surpassed".

If JF says port unlocked, reports as 0*00, makes the Kamikaze unlock sound...... I simply ask why unable to write. Maybe that spi still locked and I'm being tricked though.

Re usbpro: it is detected by JF but not appearing correctly in device manager.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Slim unlock uses TJ's version of Germia's Tarablinda concept, it patches sector 3e000 to allow a two way dump so we can dump the key and serial information & write the drive (alas an unlock), as you write protected the drive you'd never be able to patch 3e000, that's if you were using a retail slim pcb.

Of course, yours isn't a retail drive {as you should know}, nor is it a TX one {as you should know}, so consider yourself lucky that I'm bothering to provide you with this reply{as you should know}. Your PCB must be handled as a phat drive {as you've been told previously} - which too had embedded spis - but wp (write protect) although tied to ground was never 'locked' (it could be, as mp3boy found out) ....

As wp is tied to ground and you issued the write protect command you must pull wp high to unlock the drive. You are sending a Slim MTK Intro to the drive which won't work - not that you were not told numerous times. -- Do you see a common denominator here?

Once you lift wp, the drive isn't write protected, I know that that is difficult to comprehend, but trust me on this one... Once it's not write protected, you will be able to write to the dive, ironically...

Why is your x360usbpro not working? I'm going to go out on a limb and say you're doing something wrong and/or missing something fundamental. I've ran the x360usb since the second prototype and any issue I have had has been recoverable by fully removing all drivers as specified in the .inf and restarting.

Steve Stacey

BANNED
Dec 7, 2014
Thanks I can read (unlike others here) and have never been reluctant to try the paper clip method to lift the pin. The issue was that it was only later in the thread that someone suggested the reason for JF reporting an unlocked spi erroneously. Someone (can't recall who) even said at least you've unlocked your drive now..So much for there being a consensus on this!

Thankfully, the seller has agreed to replace the drive so I won't need to fiddle with the pins.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
Your ability to read wasn't in question. As per your PM, all of your questions were in fact answered - you just didnt accept the answers were there, you had a misconception that your question was relevant when it wasn't as it's not a slim drive in essence.

Anyway, as he's replacing it, it won't be a TX product again, so don't expect support on it here - if that confuses you, do you think Volkswagen help BMW with their issues for free?

Last edited:

Steve Stacey

BANNED
Dec 7, 2014
Less than constructive response which is a shame really. If the fact that it wasn't a slim was so breathtakingly obvious to all, why did the other fella at least you've unlocked your drive now? I can assure you that wasn't a figment of my imagination. Also tried with Phat selected but fell on stony ground as they say in the good book. I also reported this about a thousand times.

As far as usbpro goes I can assure you that when you uninstall and then re install drivers:

1. Device manager just shows as unknown device with yellow icon. Also shows stopped by Windows as previously caused problems (code 43).
2. When you check the status of the drivers it says Windows has determined that the latest drivers are installed!!

Don't worry I won't approach either forum in future (including the much revered one with the helpful advice).

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden
why did the other fella at least you've unlocked your drive now?
not that is realy matters but i cant find any post in any of your threads with that saying, more than your own posts that is.

Steve Stacey

BANNED
Dec 7, 2014

Antalpromille

VIP Member
Aug 4, 2011
Borås, sweden

Steve Stacey

BANNED
Dec 7, 2014
Haven't lifted the pin as now sent drive back for a replacement.

Oggy

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
Mar 1, 2010
I'd like to apologise on behalf of the forum and it's member-base for not knowing why someone on another forum thought that your drive was unlocked. We'll endeavor to make sure it doesn't happen again - I'm not sure how but I believe it's the answer that you want to hear, so there you go.

However, if you find time in between your general douchebaggery to re-read my posts, you'll see that my information was factually correct, accurate & oddly not disputed by anyone on the other superior forum.

For the record, all IMO of course, providing the wrong information in a spoonfed manner isn't more helpful or constructive, I'm the only one to have given a technical reasoning behind what's needed to be done & why, I am also the only one who gave the correct information, concisely, from the start - Even when I was unsure what pin it was, I made sure I confirmed it before you needlessly lifted pins that were not necessary....

You like to promote yourself as articulate while being condescending to others, there are members on BOTH forums telling you that you need to pull WP high & also telling you that the advice I gave was correct and more than you deserve (non TX product) - f**k, you couldn't even identify the only 8 pin chip on the whole PCB, should've known then that you were going to be hard work!

Perfectly capable of writing to unlocked drive. I think it's quite hilarious that folk have conveniently glossed over the comments in the thread confirming that I had successfully unlocked the drive and than 10 seconds later the same person saying it's obvious that it's locked despite what if reports etc etc. You know who you are and it's disingenuous to pretend otherwise.

On what forum?
Oh, yeah, that helpful one that will give you more help than TX (Hi JAYCE, I know you still read in here)

Steve somethingorother said:
Think I probably need to remove pin 3 but not confident that will work either!!

^^ Au contraire ;)

Code:
[B]All answers not in thread![/B]

[COLOR=#333333][INDENT]Thank you so kindly for closing thread. The issue morphed from one of unlocking to one of writing to an unlocked drive.
I'm not sure the reasons behind not being able to get JF to write to the drive was covered at in the exchanges.[/INDENT]
[/COLOR]

• I told you to lift pin3 to unlock the drive
  • Krypt1c told you it may not need done
  • I then told you how to do it if Kryptic was correct, if not, lift pin3
  • UTMAD told you to treat it as a Phat

Yes, all answers were in the thread - you probably still don't see it..... After all, it isn't the answer you wanted to hear.

I'm glad you do not require any more help from the forum, it means I'll have to do less moderating, closing any post you make as it's a waste of everyones time & bandwidth. Speaking of which, cut this message short, you're not worth any more of my time -or- limited bandwidth over here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.