LITEON 74850 Cant open firmware file

deddy

Feb 21, 2011
Ames, Iowa
Heres my setup.

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
VIA 6421 Sata card
Liteon 74850
Falcon motherboard (dashboard 2.0.8955.0)
CK3 Pro (Revd) with mini probe
Xecuter LT clip with LT switch
Jungle flasher 1.76 with USB drivers

I started out trying to flash my liteon with the CK3 Pro and probe. Continued getting "warning - serial data is bad" and I searched forum after forum, instructions after another, one way and another, and still couldnt get it past that point. So I tried it with the clip and switch. Hoorah. Had JF finally reading my drive key. Asks to save....I click yes. Window appears and says "cant open file...........jungleflasher firmware ltplus 1.1". I know tons of ppl have had this problem, but every forum I find, suggestions dont help and when ppl figure it out, they never post what they did. I follow everything step for step.
I read that the notepad folder in jungleflasher/firmware should be deleted and LTplus 1.1.bin should be placed there. I did that and the "cant open file" window still pops up. So again, I made progress, but hit another block. Please help. I know it has to do with the placement of the LT 1.1 firmware.

deddy

Feb 21, 2011
Ames, Iowa
So I finally got it to work. JF couldnt find the LT 1.1 firmware. I just played around with it and clicked on open source or target firmware and clicked on the xtreme 1.1 folder. clicked write and it went through. Finally I checked and the keys matched up...clicked outro and it was done. I double and triple checked it and my liteon does have the xtreme 1.1 firmware. Basically had to manually tell JF where to get the firmware instead of the auto load option. It was my mistake for not placing it in the correct place.

hanifkhan

Noob Account
Jan 8, 2015
I started out trying to flash my liteon with the CK3 Pro and probe. Continued getting "warning - serial data is bad" and I searched forum after forum, instructions after another, one way and another, and still couldnt get it past that point. So I tried it with the clip and switch. Hoorah. Had JF finally reading my drive key. Asks to save....I click yes. Window appears and says "cant open file...........jungleflasher firmware ltplus 1.1". I know tons of ppl have had this problem, but every forum I find, suggestions dont help and when ppl figure it out, they never post what they did. I follow everything step for step.

Utmad

VIP Member
Aug 15, 2010
Southampton, UK
Wow nice digging up of a 4 year old thread you in to necrophilia ?

Reactions: frayed and GeekHeat