change dvd key and write retail nand back

caver99

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2003
Ellesmere Port
I have an xbox360 trinity and want to change the dvd key as got no drive with it and write either a rgh nand or retail nand back is this possible with jrunner, it has a coolrunner rev c in it at moment
so would possibly stay on rgh and yes i know i could change the dvd bard for an unlocked on but if i can change the key in the nand for this working drive then wouldn't cost anything bar time.

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
That's now a problem as the cr rev c wont glitch to bring up the keys ahh
If you want assistance on your RGH/JTAG installation, you MUST post complete the following fields:

TX Product(s) used: e.g J-R Programmer, CR3 Lite
Console Type: (Xenon/Zephyr/Falcon/Opus/Jasper/Trinity/Corona etc).
NAND size: 16/256/512/4GB
Dashboard version: e.g 2.0.14699
CB version: e.g 5771
Screenshot of NAND details from J-Runner:
(attach an image to your post)
J-Runner log:
updflash.bin log (if applicable):
Image of Coolrunner:
Images of close-up soldering to motherboard:
(attach images to your post)

Description of problem:

Was the console working before you started: Y/N

(be aware that if you're trying to work on a faulty console, this is not a T-X product issue!!).

caver99

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2003
Ellesmere Port
Its ok as this is the first corona i have done as mostly trinity and falcons in the past,
i have ordered the cr4 with corona qsb as this will be staying in console.
jrunner reads nand fine and writes nand fine and yes works spot on when original nand programmed,
i have removed the whole kit and cant be bothered messing around with the cr rev c on this, but thanks all for help will post more once cr4 is installed as just keys for drive as my trinity as the modded drive which i will keep in the corona and passing the trinity on with a rev c cr in it and a 500gb hdd to freinds and they dont need the facility to read backups.

caver99

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2003
Ellesmere Port
I have A RHG'ed trinity with a dg-16d5s drive with the xecuter board on it and i have got a corona the i want to fit the cr4 into and keep the modded drive so looking at reading the drive key drop the corona v1 and programming it into the trinity rgh and swapping the drives around and passing the trinity with stock drive on to the person who wants the system.
i got a 48mhz oscillator for the system and could read nand and program the ECC and program the rev c but no matter what i did couldnt get anything from it so ordered the cr4 xl and corona qsb which i have now fitted and in the process or reading the nand and see what happens now, and yes if i flash back the original nand it boots fine.

caver99

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2003
Ellesmere Port
Extract the dvd key from your new drive and patch the kv with the new key. If fcrt.bin is present in your nand image then you will have to apply the nofcrt xebuild patch prior to create your freeboot image
I have dont that as i now have both cpu keys and both dvd keys and models and serial numbers yet all the trinity will do is show as dvd video, cant see what im doing wrong here,
i have gone to advanced and patch nand
changed dvd key and serial then xb settings and clicked nofcrt and tried with that unchecked as well.

playingmax

Staff member
Troll Eating Dogs
this is an old school way of doing it. but will deff work.
1. extracted both NANDs' files using JR (kept them separate of course)
2. Put the kv_dec.bin (named kv.bin) and fcrt_dec.bin (namded fcrt.bin) from the D5S donor NAND into the xebuild/data folder
3. Put the SMC_dec (SMC_enc would have been fine as well) (named SMC.bin) and smc_config.bin from the acceptor NAND (in this case trinity) into the xebuild/data folder.
4. Paste in CPU key of acceptor NAND
5. advanced -> create image without nanddump.bin, input LDV.
6. Select console type, play games!

caver99

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2003
Ellesmere Port
Ok will give that a go and let you know how i get on, thank you for the info
this is an old school way of doing it. but will deff work.
1. extracted both NANDs' files using JR (kept them separate of course)
2. Put the kv_dec.bin (named kv.bin) and fcrt_dec.bin (namded fcrt.bin) from the D5S donor NAND into the xebuild/data folder
3. Put the SMC_dec (SMC_enc would have been fine as well) (named SMC.bin) and smc_config.bin from the acceptor NAND (in this case trinity) into the xebuild/data folder.
4. Paste in CPU key of acceptor NAND
5. advanced -> create image without nanddump.bin, input LDV.
6. Select console type, play games!
Wow thank you for that info i have swapped the drives now and its working as it should i will keep a copy of that info in my xbox 360 folder for future use,

Last edited:

Support Our Sponsors