Changing boot sounds on Xbox Slim or Phat to any sound you want

JtagMan

Sep 4, 2011
never tested. mine is about 4 or 5 seconds but i had tried longer ones before deciding and they worked. its really easy to change them too. you could even adapt it to be able to reprogram without opening box with a little creativity.

TilVl

VIP Member
May 11, 2011
Be cool if xecuter made one and could attach it to the demon. Then program it through the usb module.

InstinctMods

Aug 8, 2011
Its been looked into already and looked massively hard and expenive
I'm sure at some point it'll happen, someone will figure out some super weird spot to wire to and program or something lol

Someone who has a regular slim and one with a different stock boot sound such as the star wars console should swap the little speakers and see if it switches the sounds and if it doesn't that means it's internally programmed somewhere and not within the speaker and SHOULD be able to be switched out somehow, most likely only on modified NAND console because if I had to take a guess, it's hidden in there somehow.

Last edited:

snake007

BANNED
May 30, 2009
Nice 1 many thanks going to have some fun with this. Great tutorial.

just need a voice sample 'Get The f**k Off' for when the kids go to touch my box lol

L

LoneWolf913

I'm sure at some point it'll happen, someone will figure out some super weird spot to wire to and program or something lol

Someone who has a regular slim and one with a different stock boot sound such as the star wars console should swap the little speakers and see if it switches the sounds and if it doesn't that means it's internally programmed somewhere and not within the speaker and SHOULD be able to be switched out somehow, most likely only on modified NAND console because if I had to take a guess, it's hidden in there somehow.
Search next time bud, we know where and how the sounds are stored, it's on a separate chip present on SE consoles, and there's a separate speaker as well. Yes those bits can be transferred to a regular Slim, yes the sounds go with it, no we can't reprogram it without over a grand in tools and software.

As far as the OP, this is great stuff, I'll be grabbing a few chips just to toy with..would love to have a new selling point on my custom consoles.

SOD_FrosT

VIP Member
May 14, 2012
Presque Isle, ME
Last edited:

JtagMan

Sep 4, 2011
not too bad. might be worth testing and seeing if it works well. only has the one set of jumpers but appears to have the other points without the connectors so not sure if you will only be able to get one sound or multiple.