Cheat searcher questions

Ayion23

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2020
Malaysia
I have very little knowledge on how to use Cheat Searcher, I was able to find the certain items or Gold ( Some of the items are not findable ).

But can we exchange items or anything from chest ? For example, in DQ11s, can we change to some late game equipments when it's originally a herb ?

As for Octopath Travellers, since I was playing the Japanese version of game card ( bought it before I jigged my Switch ), I couldn't find any cheat related to my version ... Or even worst, it shows out of search every time I tried to increase owned nuts ( permanent stats up item ), the cheat searcher only works to GP and JP, nothing else.

I really need help on this, or maybe some experts could teach me another way to do so. Much appreciated for helping.

Sorry for my poorly English writing.

NexNus

Feb 18, 2019
hell
I have very little knowledge on how to use Cheat Searcher, I was able to find the certain items or Gold ( Some of the items are not findable ).

But can we exchange items or anything from chest ? For example, in DQ11s, can we change to some late game equipments when it's originally a herb ?

As for Octopath Travellers, since I was playing the Japanese version of game card ( bought it before I jigged my Switch ), I couldn't find any cheat related to my version ... Or even worst, it shows out of search every time I tried to increase owned nuts ( permanent stats up item ), the cheat searcher only works to GP and JP, nothing else.

I really need help on this, or maybe some experts could teach me another way to do so. Much appreciated for helping.

Sorry for my poorly English writing.
there's a few options for you, as luckily for Octopath, you don't need to limit yourself to just the cheat finder provided by SX, you can use this Save Editor or you could use Edzion for cheat finding and Save Editing, but I recommend the save editor because you Need to use Atmosphere to run Edzion.

As for DQ 11 I don't believe you can item swap as I believe every item has a hard coded index and only the value (Amount of item(s)) is changed and you could probably find them but it would be better if you just used an already made cheat sheet from here instead

Ayion23

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2020
Malaysia
Thanks for the reply

In DQ11s, there are only 2 available cheat codes for me since I am playing the Japanese version ( Moon Jump & Walk through walls ), and the items ID changed every time we logout off the game, thus I have to do cheat searcher every time I play the game. PS: the SD card became funny after I used the cheat searcher, total storage memory increased dramatically, from 40GB left to 48TB left ...

As for Save editor, does it similar to PS3 and PS4 Save wizard ? Because I have used those cheats before, but this time the switch save editor seems a lot complicated to me ...

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
Thanks for the reply

In DQ11s, there are only 2 available cheat codes for me since I am playing the Japanese version ( Moon Jump & Walk through walls ), and the items ID changed every time we logout off the game, thus I have to do cheat searcher every time I play the game. PS: the SD card became funny after I used the cheat searcher, total storage memory increased dramatically, from 40GB left to 48TB left ...

As for Save editor, does it similar to PS3 and PS4 Save wizard ? Because I have used those cheats before, but this time the switch save editor seems a lot complicated to me ...
Some files in your microsd might have been corrupted due to cheat searching on exfat

NexNus

Feb 18, 2019
hell
Thanks for the reply

For DQ11 you can use the NA version cheats too since I believe they currently have the same values (Moon jump cheat and walk through walls cheat are exactly the same)

The save editor is , A save editor, you dump your save to your computer (use Checpoint to make a save backup) and then you can edit pretty much everything you have in the game, once you're done you transfer the save back to your switch, it's not as complicated as you think.

and it does sound like SD card corruption due to the cheat searching on Exfat like optantic said (Which is why I switched to using Edizon for cheat searching)

Last edited:

Ayion23

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2020
Malaysia
Can anyone post a link or a reliable app of Switch Save Editor to me pls ? I would like to learn more into it.

BTW, if the cheat searcher is not compatible to exFAT format SD card, why didn't they ( SX OS ) fixed it already ? I though SX 3.0 fixes everything ...

Thanks for all the replies

Last edited:

NexNus

Feb 18, 2019
hell
Can anyone post a link or a reliable app of Switch Save Editor to me pls ? I would like to learn more into it.

BTW, if the cheat searcher is not compatible to exFAT format SD card, why didn't they ( SX OS ) fixed it already ? I though SX 3.0 fixes everything ...

Thanks for all the replies
The issue with Exfat isnt with SXOS specifically. it's Nintendo's handling of Exfat formatted cards that causes the problem, Even most people who use Atmosphere Exclusively reformat their cards to Fat32 due to the possible corruption issues.

That said I still keep my card on Exfat and just back up everything before I use a feature like SX cheat searcher and mostly use Edizon.

You can use Edizon if you boot with Atmosphere and that doesn't have the same issues with Exfat, it works slightly differently and you can use it with Tesla Overlay.

there's also Checkpoint which allows backing up saves like Edizon.

Last edited:

Ayion23

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2020
Malaysia
I am using SX pro, I don't have Atmosphere or Edizon, I have no idea how Atmosphere works😅.

I also just reinstalled DQ11s game file after I did the Cheat Searcher this morning, it corrupted the game files. Luckily the save files are still exist.

Does it eventually ruins the SD card too if I do too many times of Cheat Searcher ? Cause it causes files from the SD Card corrupted, sometimes even other game files got corrupted too ...

BTW, if cheating is the only thing I wanted from CFW, is there a way to play games on Original Firmware with cheats system ? Honestly, I have zero knowledge about hacking or modding system, would love to just play the games from game card or downloaded from Nintendo Eshop, but with cheat functions ....

And the save editor, can some one guide me into it ? Much appreciated.

Thanks for the replies again ...

NexNus

Feb 18, 2019
hell
I am using SX pro, I don't have Atmosphere or Edizon, I have no idea how Atmosphere works😅.

I also just reinstalled DQ11s game file after I did the Cheat Searcher this morning, it corrupted the game files. Luckily the save files are still exist.

Does it eventually ruins the SD card too if I do too many times of Cheat Searcher ? Cause it causes files from the SD Card corrupted, sometimes even other game files got corrupted too ...

BTW, if cheating is the only thing I wanted from CFW, is there a way to play games on Original Firmware with cheats system ? Honestly, I have zero knowledge about hacking or modding system, would love to just play the games from game card or downloaded from Nintendo Eshop, but with cheat functions ....

And the save editor, can some one guide me into it ? Much appreciated.

Thanks for the replies again ...
This my be a Difficult concept to understand for some people, but I'll do my best to explain.

CFW Runs on top of Sysnand. Sysnand is your regular switch data, the CFW just adds the ability to do other things with your switch and wont change anything unless you have an Emunand set up (Emulated switch data). You can't use CFW features without booting into CFW but you can (and probably have) use them on your Sysnand. Using CFW any amount has a chance to cause system bans, but the ban chance is relatively lower if you have not done anything on sysnand related to CFW.

Running the Cheat searcher it's self won't be the cause of a ruined SD, but Corrupting it too much can lead to problems.

SX and Atmosphere are not extremely different on the user end, you can even use the SX payload launcher to run Atmosphere, it's not too complicated but I get the sense you're not savy when it comes to things like this, I can give you a tutorial if you're ever interested.

The save editor is easy, you first have to use a save dumper like Checkpoint or JKSV or Edizon to dump the save file from Switch memory, as the saves are not stored on the SD card but in switch memory. Next you either FTP the dumped save to your computer or you turn off your switch, take out the SD card and plug it into your computer and locate the save (Found at" /switch/Checkpoint/saves/ " if you used checkpoint) and then run the Save editor and load up the save, once you've edited all the stuff you wanted to, click save, put the SD card back in your switch, Load up checkpoint and restore the modified save to system memory.

just run the save editor on your computer, you will see all the stuff you can edit with it, it was made specifically for editing Octopath Traveler saves.

Last edited:

Ayion23

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2020
Malaysia
NexNus, Thank you very much for being so much patience to guide me, and yes I used checkpoint recently, just to back up my switch save files to my PC.

And I also figured something the hard way, to reduce the chance of corrupting the game files to ruin the SD card, I've decided to use my previous SD card JUST for the Cheat Searcher function, but it takes quite some steps to keep changing from card A to PC and PC to Card B, and repeatedly ...

After reading your post, I think it might not be very difficult to use save editor, but the only problem is, I don't know which type or what sort of Save editor I should look into, could you send me a link for exact save editor I should be downloaded.

Very much appreciations to you, NexNus.
NexNus, Thank you very much for being so much patience to guide me, and yes I used checkpoint recently, just to back up my switch save files to my PC.

And I also figured something the hard way, to reduce the chance of corrupting the game files to ruin the SD card, I've decided to use my previous SD card JUST for the Cheat Searcher function, but it takes quite some steps to keep changing from card A to PC and PC to Card B, and repeatedly ...

After reading your post, I think it might not be very difficult to use save editor, but the only problem is, I don't know which type or what sort of Save editor I should look into, could you send me a link for exact save editor I should be downloaded.

Very much appreciations to you, NexNus

NexNus

Feb 18, 2019
hell

Very much appreciations to you, NexNus.

Very much appreciations to you, NexNus
https://github.com/turtle-insect/OctopathTraveler/releases <--- This is the save editor for Octopath,Download the 0.70 zip file, just extract the zip and run the exe inside to start the save editor for it.

Not all games have a save editor made for them, but you can often find ready made cheat files at Here, Here and Here for many games, sometimes you can interchange cheats of differing regions (or in the case of pokemon you can use the same codes across both Sword and shield) but some games do have save editors you can find (like Breath of the Wild)

Ayion23

Noob Account
Jun 7, 2020
Malaysia
Hi, it has been 3 months, I still can't find Dragon Quest 11S save editor at all, just the Moon jump or walkthrough Wall only, anyone can help finding save editor? Very much appreciated :)