Cheats and EMU FIrmware 6.2

dvpmike

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2018
Hi,

Is the cheat system working for anyone on EMU Firmware 6.2? I can't seem to get it to work. If I flash it with EMU Firmware 6.0 it works fine. And i'm using SX 2.5.3

dvpmike

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2018
need more info, are you saying there is no Cheat menu or something else
the cheats are there, menu and everything. just when you activate the cheats and go in game, the cheats does not take effect. When I set the firmware to 6.0 for the EMUNand, the cheats will work in game.

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010
the cheats are there, menu and everything. just when you activate the cheats and go in game, the cheats does not take effect. When I set the firmware to 6.0 for the EMUNand, the cheats will work in game.
firmware version doesn't determined cheats will work or not, it's the cheats itself

nanty

Noob Account
Feb 1, 2019
Europe
have you updated the game since the cheats have worked in it? because very often cheats are version specific and will no longer work after a game update.

dvpmike

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2018
have you updated the game since the cheats have worked in it? because very often cheats are version specific and will no longer work after a game update.
same version, I didn't update the games. the tittle and game version matches the cheats version. Like I said, the cheat is there in the menu where you can enable or disable the cheats, it just does not take affect in game when the cheats are turned on. I'm going to try and reflash the firmware to 6.2 and check again. I did notice that it happen on all 3 of my switches that are on EMU 6.2 Firmware. Just wondering if anyone is using EMU 6.2 and ae still able to use cheats in game.

Last edited:

nanty

Noob Account
Feb 1, 2019
Europe
I am on 6.2 for both emu and sysnand. And cheats work fine for me.
Weird...

I created my emunand very recently and never updated it, so maybe that somehow makes a difference.

dvpmike

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2018
I am on 6.2 for both emu and sysnand. And cheats work fine for me.
Weird...

I created my emunand very recently and never updated it, so maybe that somehow makes a difference.
i'm on sysnand 6.0 and EMUNand on 6.2. I wonder if I have to be on both 6.2 sysnand and 6.2 sysnand for it to work. I have relfashed EMU 6.2 and it didn't work. I will update my other switch to 6.2 sysnand and emu 6.2 and see if that will work.
i'm on sysnand 6.0 and EMUNand on 6.2. I wonder if I have to be on both 6.2 sysnand and 6.2 sysnand for it to work. I have relfashed EMU 6.2 and it didn't work. I will update my other switch to 6.2 sysnand and emu 6.2 and see if that will work.
Just updated sysnan and emunand to 6.2 and cheats still don't work... sigh....I guess I will stay on 6.0 for now

Last edited:

optantic

VIP Member
May 2, 2010

Just updated sysnan and emunand to 6.2 and cheats still don't work... sigh....I guess I will stay on 6.0 for now
which cheats for which games are you talking about?

dvpmike

Noob Account
Oct 9, 2018
which cheats for which games are you talking about?
I got it working again. it was not the codes. looks like something with the system files. I reinitialize the Switch on the sysnand and the EMUNand and it is working again.

Thanks again everybody for your feedback and help. Much appreciated.
So I am now still on SysNand 6.0 and EMUNand 6.2

Support Our Sponsors